Post of the month - November

Options

Comments

• Nickynoo1
    Options
    I would like to nominate Addictedmoneysaver, for the boots teddy vouchers in the online discount board(sorry, dont know how to do links). He has been collecting vouchers from all of us, going to boots to collect the teddies, then when the promo is finished he is taking all the teddies to a childrens hospital.

I think that's great work and really selfless.

Well done addictedmoneysaver
    16/06/16 £11446 30/12/16 £9661.49
    01/08/17 £7643.69
  • chloe99_2
    Options
    addicted money saver for the teddies - plenty of people probably THOUGHT about doing it, but he actually got on and put in the time and effort. Great work
  • shady_3
    Options
    Can i nominate FRUGALITE2

She's found sooooo many freebies this month, all useful to many people, not just me. :)

She must have bin awake ages to not only find, but also post all those lovely freebies, and most in one day!
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    I know Jon_C got the nomination last month for being the original poster of the Argos sale but I would like to nominate ALL the posters who have helped in big and small ways.

There really are too many to mention and obviously too many to share the award but it would be nice to donate the £50 to Children In Need on behalf of the large Argos Family.
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to nominate Payless for the E-Bay Laptop thread. Someone posted that they'd seen a laptop and wondered if it was good value. Payless spotted that it was a link, not an actual laptop.

Then, Payless and all the other SUPERHEROES found ways of contacting all the buyers to warn them. Never used E-Bay so couldn't help myself but nice to know that there are people on here looking out for complete strangers. Although the other people involved (Jay-hoe/ Pippa etc) did a FANTASTIC job too, Payless actually spotted the fault and got the ball rolling.

Here's the link
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Frugalite2 has to be nominated for putting in lots of time and effort. Not only did she post over 100 freebies in just over a day - she then collated on the posts into one jumbo thread for the benefit of everyone on dial-up!

http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Free;action=display;num=1101327719
  • m00nie
    m00nie Posts: 2,314 Forumite
    Options
    Frugalite2 has to be nominated for putting in lots of time and effort.  Not only did she post over 100 freebies in just over a day - she then collated on the posts into one jumbo thread for the benefit of everyone on dial-up!

http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Free;action=display;num=1101327719

as above. i would like to nominate Frugalite2.
  • Lorraine_Turner
    Options
    I'd like to nominate evesham1988la for the really helpful and detailed reply to my question entitled "Parking at Stansted". This money saver went to a lot of trouble to answer my question in full, and resulted in a great saving on the rip-off parking fees at Stansted airport. I'm sure it'll help out all those money savers who, like me, managed to get great deals with Ryanair and who need to park near Stansted.

Great stuff, and thanks.

:)
  • gobbyash
    gobbyash Posts: 386 Forumite
    Options
    I'm voting for Silent_Bob.

http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Urgents;action=display;num=1100880462

My kids are gonna be sooooooooo excited when they get their x-box, extra controller and halo 2 for £112. Also a get a FREE £10 voucher for spening over £100.

Cheers Silent_Bob......any relation to Sponge_Bob?  ;-D

Regards

gobbyash
  • RedDev11
    Options
    I second the Silent_Bob nomination, this guy deserves the money just for the mount i saved, let alone the others who jumped on too :)

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure