We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Nit shampoo for schools.

Options

Comments

• okiegirl
    okiegirl Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    thank you,bout time school did something about the constant nit problem!
    Friends are like flowers that never fade away :D
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,332 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Some may find this thread of interest http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=552783
  • welshdeedee
    welshdeedee Posts: 27,496 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    30 free bottles of Nice n Clear will be provided to schools who register for the challenge.

30 free bottles will be provided to schools who register for the challenge. All we ask for in return is your feedback on Nice ‘n Clear.

http://www.lice.co.uk/schools/sellnicenclear.htm

Good luck!!
    [STRIKE]30:22[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]30:07[/STRIKE]
    29:07
  • bella165
    bella165 Posts: 13,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    thanks ive just sent my local school the link
    Replies to posts are always welcome, if they are done in the correct manner. If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • JoJoArmani
    JoJoArmani Posts: 321 Forumite
    Options
    link not working?
    You're my wife now Dave.......
  • Mine's_a_guinness
    Options
    okiegirl wrote: »
    thank you,bout time school did something about the constant nit problem!

Wow, what a cop out. If parents checked their own child's hair on a regular basis there wouldn't be a nit problem. How about all schools send a member of staff round to each child's house on a weekly basis, maybe they could help them out with their homework, rustle them up a healthy meal and sort out any other problems whilst they are checking them for nits!

I think this offer is great, the bottles could be passed to members of staff who've caught nits off the kids in their class because some parents just can't be @rsed with their own responsibilities.
  • Goofygaz
    Options
    Quite agree with you. I work in a school and legally all we can do is inform the parents/carers and send letters home.
    As for feeding the children, helping them to do their homework and providing toothbrush, toothpaste and showering stuff, we do that at my school already !!!
    Unfortunately it is frustrating when your child gets nits especially when you have cleared them up only for them to catch them again.
    I would send the children home and them not to return untilL cleared, but in general the children who generally suffer are better of in school as at least they are safe, fed and learning and hopefully having fun.
    Sorry if I have upset anyone, and I know all schools are different but I don't think people always realise what we have to do and no I am not a teacher on teachers wages I am a humble teaching assistant.
    Thankyou for letting me vent and excuse any spelling mistakes.......:rotfl:
  • Jessbehan
    Jessbehan Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    In fact, in the last couple of years a school has been taken to the human rights courts for sending a child home with nits. Our council has advised school's not to send home full stop.

Thanks for this post, members of staff will really need these on hand!
  • juneville
    juneville Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for that, just registered local school. I've just bought the nitty gritty comb (£9.99 from boots, chemists), sounds expensive but uses cheap conditioner, not chemical stuff etc. Gets rid of nits and eggs in one go, just need to repeat twice a week for a fortnight. The comb is guaranteed for life as well.
    http://www.nittygritty.co.uk
  • morticia1296
    Options
    I would send the children home and them not to return untilL cleared, but in general the children who generally suffer are better of in school as at least they are safe, fed and learning and hopefully having fun.

Excues me "GOOFYGAZ" i really hope your not saying that all kids that get nits are all the sort of kids that are in danger at home...
    My child has had nits on a couple of occassions, and under no circumstances is she generally suffering, unsafe, unfed, or not having fun at home. I think for someone that works in a school your views are very blinkered.
    You should have more tact and check yourself before you add posts in future, and yes with comments like that i'm sure you've upset quite a few parents.

By the way, all children can catch nits, clean, dirty or otherwise - learn the facts first.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport