What to do?

Options
Nearly a year ago my wife slightly touched a parked car while parking the car on a privat carpark. It was nothing to see on the other parties car. A witness confirmed that in written form. They exchanged details. Weeks later I received a letter from a claims company asking for my insurance details. I had no car insurance at that time (Luckily not more happened). I immediatly insured my car and asking them what to do in this case. I didn't get anything out of them despite I ended up in the system that something happened to my car, but no claim was made. The claims company send me an estimate for around 290,-- and threatning with legal action if I don't pay.
1. Question: does it make sense to dispute the case and go to a lawyor or should I just pay?
2. Question: How do I get rid of this "black marker" on the database which increases my renewal premium by 60%?

Comments

• impy78
    impy78 Posts: 3,157 Forumite
    Options
    Unfortunatley you have no legal right to refuse to admit liabilty.

What's more, if you do refuse to provide your insurance details, you could get points on your licence for failing to disclose information, or even driving uninsured.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure