Mum's Disabled parking badge due for renewal

Options
Mum's blue badge expires next week, and I was just wondering whether it can be renewed by a phone call or post, as it is really hard to get her organized to leave the house nowadays, and she can barely walk except for a few steps with two sticks, so visiting a Council office would be almost impossible. It would put her through a lot of pain and struggle, as she's 90 and doubled over with osteo arthritis.

We only use the badge when we take her to the hospital, doctor, or the chiropody clinic, and about twice a year to take her plus her wheelchair into town or to Morrisons for a change of scene. So we do need the badge really, especially at the chiropody clinic, as there is no non-disabled parking allowed.

Does anyone know whether it is necessary for her to have another assessment in order to renew her badge? Or might they assume that at her age she is not likely to have suddenly become able bodied?
:D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

Comments

• Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    I would of thought you could just call them. Give them a ring and ask. If they need to see her ask for a home visit. Worth a try.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    Options
    You may find your local council website has a renewal form you could download and return to them.
    Details for Lincolnshire here but I expect your local authority are just as efficient.
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family