NON PAYING BIDDERS!!! I'M SICK OF THEM!

New Post Advanced Search

NON PAYING BIDDERS!!! I'M SICK OF THEM!

10 replies 1.4K views
JPSJPS Forumite
1.4K posts
1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
I HAVE JUST HAD MY 3RD NON PAYING BIDDER IN A FEW WEEKS...IN THE 9 OR SO MONTHS I HAVE BEEN TRADING ON EBAY I HAVE ONLY HAD A FEW AND NOW IT SEEMS EVERY BUYER IS ONE!!! THEY FRUSTRATE ME SO MUCH AND THEY ARE SOOOO ANNOYING!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Right glad I got that out of my system! Now what was I doing.... ::)
The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing:)

Replies

• beachbethbeachbeth Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you feel better now! ;D If it makes you feel any better my niece recently had two non-payers whilst trying to sell her mobile. The third has actually bought it (if the cheque clears!)
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    66.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't usually have many problems with NPBs but I have one at the moment. I actually pulled his contact details and left a message on his answering machine today. I know it won't do any good but it made me feel better that I might have frightened him a bit as a lot of users don't realise that ebay will give out phone numbers if you ask.

It was a terribly polite message, I just explained that I wanted to give him the opportunity to settle his outstanding debt with me before I notified ebay that he had defaulted and to place a strike on his account.

Soo
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • That is something that really bugs me as well!

Don't know what can be done about it that would do much good though :'(
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • yaacov81yaacov81 Forumite
    343 posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    i just sold my first thing on ebay.
    i have sent them 3 emails and they have not responded once.
    is there anything that i can do?
  • robnyerobnye Forumite
    5.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think when you win an ebay auction, and receive notification, ebay actually state 7 days to respond,

how many days ago did the auction end?
    give them 5 days from the day after auction end, to respond.

did you send an invoice?
    you can send a reminder via your ebay selling page.
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    66.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    yaacov81, I agree with what robyne has to say. I send an invoice and also a personal e mail to each of my winning bidders and then forget about them for at least 7 - 10 days. On about day 7 - 10 if I haven't heard anything I will send them a polite reminder, and a few days later I might send them a second reminder, but I don't inundate them with e mail as I always think that looks a bit pushy.

After about 16 days I will file an NPB alert and then a week later just before I am eligible to reclaim my FVF I will e mail them once more and give them 24 or 48 hours to respond before I put a strike on their account.

If it is a high cost item I will also pull their contact details and give them a call, but never before 14 days after the end of the auction.

Don't forget that many people just get the invoice and send a cheque at their leisure, they really don't have any need to contact the seller.

Soo
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • barjam_2barjam_2 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    what really is annoying when you state on your payment details that all cheques etc should be received 7 days after auction ends then people decide to send them 2 weeks later trying to make out they sent them straight away when you know fine well they havn't then they end up giving neg feedback because you send them payment reminders, also they then demand their item to be posted imediately

hmmmm some people!!!!!!!!!
  • So the customer isn't always right then? :o;)
  • photomephotome Forumite
    15.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hav just listed and sold my first 2 items on ebay, 1 has been paid for ,the other I hav had no response from the winning bidder.

I was doubtful because it went to a high price and the winning bidder only joined ebay the day before.

I hav just read a prev post abouy claiming FVF and putting strikes on their account none of which I understand,any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • Tell me about it. Ive been trying to sell a phone, you never know third time lucky!

eBay are gonna start losing business soon, they better sort out somin and quick!

Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support