Swimming coach in Glasgow / East Renfrewshire

Hi, can anyone recommend a swimming coach in the Glasgow ( South side ) or East Renfrewshire area. Looking for a qualified coach to provide 1 - 1 technique tuition to an adult improver.

Comments

• amanda40
    amanda40 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    I am a member at Cannons health club in EK they do swimming lessons there now run by the Glasgow Swim School. Failing that what about Eastwood pool
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j
  • player1_2
    player1_2 Posts: 79 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks Amanda..I'll check out EK, do you need to be a member of Canons to take the lessons. Eastwood pool do have an improvers class but its not 1 - 1 and it only really gets you to a certain level. I am looking for a 1 - 1 coach to really focus on my technique.
  • amanda40
    amanda40 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    Yes you do need to be a member of Cannons - but the Glasgow Swim School may use other venues too - maybe a bit closer to you. The pool at Cannons does spoil you though..... They have a webpage with telephone numbers etc Will try and find a link to it.
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j
  • epz_2
    epz_2 Posts: 1,859 Forumite
    ill ask my mate next time i see him, he swam for scotland and was a head coach for a bit.

might be take a bit as hes up in aberdeen now and useless at returning phone calls, last i recall he said the barrhead pool was meant to be very good but thats probably cause it was where he trained.
  • lappins
    lappins Posts: 321 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    I can highly recommend Kingfisher Swim School.

They teach in small groups or 1-2-1 session at pools in Govan High School or Shawlands Academy.

Phone them on 07866 887857 or email [EMAIL="enquiries@kingfisherswim.co.uk"]enquiries@kingfisherswim.co.uk[/EMAIL]
  • scottishf
    scottishf Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    im a member at Cannons EK too, I use my membership just for the pool, theres never more than 4 people in at a time, its fab
  • ZEB_2
    ZEB_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    East Ren Council run adult swimming classes through their centres at Eastwood Recreation, Eastwood High, Barrhead and Neilston. Think there is a waiting list though.
  • young
    young Posts: 87 Forumite
    With Dollan closing in EK next months, demand for swimming lessons in neighbouring areas liek East Renfrewshire could go thru the roof.
  • player1 wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone recommend a swimming coach in the Glasgow ( South side ) or East Renfrewshire area. Looking for a qualified coach to provide 1 - 1 technique tuition to an adult improver.
    Thanks for info. Spent all day looking for adult private swimming lessons without joining a health club/gym. Looking forward to lessons starting next week with Kingfisher Swim School. Having plaster removed before then.
  • Great and well worthwhile information. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure