PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Thank you for your understanding.

Finding unclaimed property / land in the UK?

I have been trawling the net for information on the best way to trace "unclaimed" land or buildings in the UK. There are loads of sites that ask you to call a premium rate number for information or offer to sell you a masterclass guide on how to go about it, but being the eternal pessamist, I don't trust these sites.
Has anyone gone down this route and do you have any tips..... is this a fools errand?
Al

Replies

• GDB2222GDB2222 Forumite
    22.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    This is a pretty well-trawled route. I think you are more likely to find £1,000 unclaimed on the pavement than a nice bit of unclaimed building land.

If it seems too good to be true then it probably is.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • theGrinchtheGrinch Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    they do exist but you wont get anywhere using the net for this kind of thing. you need to go local, ask around and keep your eyes open. if you find one in 2 years you will be doing well!!
    "enough is a feast"...old Buddist proverb
  • odorusodorus Forumite
    103 Posts
    It depends what you want it for, but you could try the Land Investment Association. They offer independent advice on land Investment and the companies involved in it.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals