Egg Mistake

Options
I've messed up my anniversary offer - my anniversary month was March and I did a balance transfer on the 30th of March & assumed I had 5 months from the date of transfer (ie till 30th August) , so I have just cleared the balance. It seems that the 5 months runs from the 1st of March to the end of July , so I have been stung for 1 months interst (a hefty sum).

Has anybody made the same mistake and has anybody been able to get the interest refunded (either partially or wholly)?

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Can you confirm that they've only charged you the one month's interest as I thought they charged interest from the date the BT was posted to your account until it was cleared in full - or is that just in the introductory period?
  • smiggers
    smiggers Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Yes - they seem to have charged me interest from the 1st of August till the date the balance transfer was repaid (27th August). The preceding period was interest free. I'm going to phone Egg & try to get a refund.
  • worldtraveller
    worldtraveller Posts: 14,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I'm also sorry to hear of your problem with Egg, but it's also a lesson to me as I have my anniversary coming up next month and hope to do a new BT. I will now watch this closely! I know it doesn't help you, but many THANKS for the post and I sincerely hope that you can resolve the interest issues with them! :beer:
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Egg will tell you when your anniversary Bt is due
    ie from 1st Sept ... or 1st Oct etc.etc
    You have 5 months from that date for a free BT
    not 5 months from 13th Sept or 22nd Oct
    its 5 months from the 1st of the month.

Read the TOC

Regards
    No6
  • Richie(UK)
    Options
    No_6 wrote:
    Egg will tell you when your anniversary Bt is due
    ie from 1st Sept ... or 1st Oct etc.etc
    You have 5 months from that date for a free BT
    not 5 months from 13th Sept or 22nd Oct
    its 5 months from the 1st of the month.

Read the TOC

Regards
    No6
    I thought the interest-free period was 5 months but that you had to make the BT in the first month, ie the anniversary month. Guess I'll have to read the Ts&Cs again, too. ;)
    «««¤ Richie ¤»»»
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport