🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Amex Corporate card - who gets cashback?

Options
My husband has a "corporate" Amex card which he uses for petrol, hotel expenses, etc. He spends about £400-£500 a month, does his company get any cashback on this. In which case would it would it be worth him getting his own Amex card. (he is allowed to use his own personal debit card and claim it back when Amex not acceptable as is somemtimes the case).

Interesting!

Comments

• Walshy
    Walshy Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    The company I work for recently signed up for the Amex Platinum Business Card which pays 2% cashback if you spend over £15000 pa.

I have one of the cards, but as the card isn't accepted at all places, I'm often buying items on my Tesco credit card and claiming back from work.

The good thing about this is that I recently made a £3000 purchase for work on my Tesco card which gave me 1500 clubcard points (£15) which is worth £60 in deals! I also get a month's interest in my cahoot 5.65% savings account before I have to pay off the credit card. :T
  • greenwich
    greenwich Posts: 8,044 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I also have an Amex card given to me by my company. They say it's "mandatory" to use it for travel, hotels etc. I would be staggered if they were not getting a percentage of the spending. I just ignore the policy and use my own iPledge Mastercard which is accepted everywhere and pays me 0.8% cashback.
    Eh?? I give up!! Towel is getting thrown in here! :D
  • Galstonian
    Galstonian Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    My company refuse to reimburse flight/hotel/car rental costs unless paid for on a corporate Amex card. You can appeal and get reimbursed (eventually) but you have to jump through hoops and if you keep doing it I can imagine that you would end up getting formal warnings. It will no doubt depend on the company but for a global business with spending measured in millions, cashback (or whatever other kickback is arranged) will be a major saving.
  • kazd
    kazd Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    Options
    Walshy wrote:
    I also get a month's interest in my cahoot 5.65% savings account before I have to pay off the credit card. :T

Walshy,

I think you will find that your Cahoot Savings account is now paying5.30%, check your emails I had mine last Friday to tell me about the drop in interest rate. Should be getting my interest payout in a couple of days, shame its only about six months worth as I cashed all my stoozing in in anticipation of moving then we ended up taking the house off the market!
    £2.00 Savers Club = £34.00 So Far

+ however may £2 coins I have saved in my Terramundi since 2000.

Terramundi weighs 8lb 5oz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family