PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Easy toasted sandwiches

Options

Comments

• Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Even nicer than grilled cheese sandwiches are eggy-bread cheese & ham sarnies. Make your cheese & ham sandwich, then dip into beaten egg on both sides & pop into the frying pan with a splash of oil. Nice with onion and/or tomato too.
  • xueta
    xueta Posts: 480 Forumite
    Options
    trisha wrote:
    If you like toasties and don't want to buy a sandwich maker thingy...Heat a dry frying pan up, then pop them in and do both sides, delicious.

Thanks for this suggestion. I've not bought a sandwich-maker as I hear they top the list of least-used gadgets! Tried your method with a Circulon wok (the Most Useful thing in the kitchen apart from the kettle) and it worked a treat!

Used sliced cherry tomatoes (from the hanging basket), thinly sliced shallot (from the veggie patch) and mozarella. Didn't need to butter the bread, just waited until slightly brown. Absolutely delicious! Thank you.
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Options
    xueta wrote:
    Used sliced cherry tomatoes (from the hanging basket), thinly sliced shallot (from the veggie patch) and mozarella. Didn't need to butter the bread, just waited until slightly brown. Absolutely delicious! Thank you.

...and when can we come round to your house to sample this recipe? :drool: :drool: :drool:
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• angeleyes
    angeleyes Posts: 308 Forumite
    Options
    HI

I BOUGHT SOME JML TOASTER BAGS -- THEY ARE FAB ALL YOU DO IS MAKE THE SANDWICH AS NORMAL AND POP IN THIS BAG AND INTO THE TOASTER AND THEY COME OUT ALL GOLDEN BROWN WITH THE FILLING ALL MELTED --DELISH
    I GOT PACK OF 2 FOR £3.99 (YOU CAN WAS AND REUSE THEM 1000 TIMES :beer:
  • MrsB_2
    MrsB_2 Posts: 659 Forumite
    Options
    Heck!!! You'll look like a toasted sandwich if you use them that many times!! ;)
    I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are – Milton Berle
  • needmoney
    needmoney Posts: 4,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I make a cheese and onion sandwich keeping thecheese slightly away from the edges, squash it flat with my hands and put it in my toaster!:D
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,058 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    angeleyes wrote:
    HI

I BOUGHT SOME JML TOASTER BAGS -- THEY ARE FAB ALL YOU DO IS MAKE THE SANDWICH AS NORMAL AND POP IN THIS BAG AND INTO THE TOASTER AND THEY COME OUT ALL GOLDEN BROWN WITH THE FILLING ALL MELTED --DELISH
    I GOT PACK OF 2 FOR £3.99 (YOU CAN WAS AND REUSE THEM 1000 TIMES :beer:
    We've got some of these but I don't think the results taste as nice as when you do them in the sandwich toaster. Drier, even if you butter the bread on both sides.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • BrokeBrokeBroke
    Options
    needmoney wrote:
    I make a cheese and onion sandwich keeping thecheese slightly away from the edges, squash it flat with my hands and put it in my toaster!:D

I had heard of someone cooking a burger in a toaster. Crazy students!!!
  • NuttyBird
    NuttyBird Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Are the Health Grills easier to clean than the sandwich toasters? (I haven't got a health grill but have a sangy toaster and I hate cleaning it!)
    Nutty Bird

£1 per day 2013
    Build a savings pot
  • 2005CLAIRE
    Options
    I bought some of the toasty bags from eBay. They are a big hit in this house - I go through a loaf of bread in 1 go with my lot!
    All credit cards paid off.
    :j
    Catalogue £70
    Catalogue £69

Mortgage 77,647.40 minus approx 30k endowments.

Take each day as it comes - Don't panic - I WILL be mortgage free 1 day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure