PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Easy toasted sandwiches

Options
If you like toasties and don't want to buy a sandwich maker thingy, (which can be a pain to clean afterwards).

Make the sandwiches, then butter both outsides, I like to use Bertolli (Olivio)
Heat a dry frying pan up, then pop them in and do both sides, delicous.

doesn't mess your frying pan either, no messy cleaning afterwards :-)

enjoy with a nice glass of wine.

Comments

• blue-kat
    blue-kat Posts: 453 Forumite
    Options
    I was wondering about making stripy toasted s.wiches in elec health grill, obviously it won't seal the edge...could be messy.:confused:
    reckon it's worth a try?
    thanks
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    it should just be like using a panini maker. If you butter the outside of the bread then it should be ok as the bread won't stick to the grill.
  • trisha
    trisha Posts: 488 Forumite
    Options
    blue-kat wrote:
    I was wondering about making stripy toasted s.wiches in elec health grill, obviously it won't seal the edge...could be messy.:confused:
    reckon it's worth a try?
    thanks

I tried them in the health grill, the cheese ran out and the sandwich was stuck to the top plate, it did mess it up. I wouldn't advise it.
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Even easier - wrap made sandwich in tinfoil and cook in the oven. We have oven chips in with them anyway so no extra fuel costs. Throw away the foil - (i.e. put it in the recycling bag, before anyone shouts :p) - so no washing up either!

No need to butter the outsides of the bread with this method - just make as for a normal sarnie.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Options
    I discovered this 'frying method' when I was camping last month.

I had some day old cheese butties (on those crusty rolls from a deli) that didn't look very appetising and had gone a bit hard.... so I stuck them in the frying pan and gave them a couple of minutes on either side. They were blummin lovely!
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I always use my health grill, you have to pile the cheese in the middle of the bread so it doesn't drip out.
    it should just be like using a panini maker.
    Yep, it is
    If you butter the outside of the bread then it should be ok as the bread won't stick to the grill
    I've never used butter and it never sticks
    Bulletproof
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    i whacked naan bread in to warm and it stuck summat daft so not trying toasties without greasing up first
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    please yourself :p :rotfl:
    Bulletproof
  • spankymonkey_2
    Options
    i did post on the toasted sandwich filling thread, i use my health grill and do not use butter or marg and it doesnt stick, and the cheese doesnt make a mess either!
    spanky xx

DFW weight watchers 28lbs to lose
    lost so far 11.5 lbs
  • Sweet_Pea_2
    Options
    Hi,
    I read on another thread somewhere about using the health grill, my youngest daughter loves cheese n beans toasties but I hated cleaning the sandwich maker. Now I do them all the time, (only a few beans and not too much cheese around they edge) and they are lovely! I do butter the bread on the outside though because DD likes the taste but there is no mess.
    I sold the sandwich maker at a car boot too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure