Barclaycard

Options
Hi everyone, this my first post!

Is it usual for credit card companies to send out credit cards and pin numbers to people without them being applied for.

I recieved a Barclaycard through the door a couple of days ago and the pin arrived this morning, this is very strange as i definately havn't applied for one before.

Is this common practice, or has someone applied in my name?

Regards

Darren

Comments

• moneyuser
    moneyuser Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    no it's not

ring them up and ask what the hell is going on!

I would :D
  • daveboy
    daveboy Posts: 1,400 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is a serious matter. As above, phone Barclaycard immediately and ask to be put through to the department that deals with fraud.

I would also consider taking this up with Royal Mail.

Whilst there may be many things that could have occurred here, one is that a rogue postman has been stealing your mail. Maybe a situation occurred where he was taken off the round that includes your house (with him thinking he'd be able to intercept both card and PIN).

Another one could be going through your rubbish - but I'd be checking with all financial institutions to see if they'd sent you a statement or anything with personal details on recently, which you didn't receive.

I would also question Barclaycard on the removal of the search on your credit file - that may affect your ability to get other credit and should be removed in these circumstances.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure