Courtesy Call From HFC Bank ??

Options
Hi

We keep getting phone calls , well i do , from HFC bank , they ask for my partner and when i say he`s not in at the moment , they say its just a courtesy call and will call back ?? he has a marbles card but no other HFC product , im a little annoyed and seeing as they phone my number but wont tell me what they want , should i ask them not to call anymore , any ideas what they want anyhow anyone ??

H

x
Keep on keeping on... :beer:

Comments

• Mark7799
    Mark7799 Posts: 4,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The 'courtesy call' is probably an excuse to draw your OH into a conversation and try and flog him more HFC products. It may be a chaser if he's over his limit or behind in payments (not alluding anything, just covering all possibilities).

They won't talk to you if the products are in his name. Only ways to stop it would be for your OH to give them a different number as apoint of contact instead of yours or (hopefully) HFC have an option for customers to opt out of direct marketing calls.

Don't know if the TPS would be any good as HFC may say they are making courtesy calls which "develop" into discussions about products. :confused:
    Gwlad heb iaith, gwlad heb galon
  • Bargainloverbec
    Options
    I used to work for HFC quite a few years ago but I suspect that they will be trying to sell him credit protection insurance or some other product.

If it relates to his marbles card then they will not be able to discuss it with you at all as that would break the data protection act.

If he calls them back and asks them not to call again that might do the trick.
  • HelenR_3
    HelenR_3 Posts: 193 Forumite
    Options
    rnshon wrote:
    I used to work for HFC quite a few years ago but I suspect that they will be trying to sell him credit protection insurance or some other product.

If it relates to his marbles card then they will not be able to discuss it with you at all as that would break the data protection act.

If he calls them back and asks them not to call again that might do the trick.

thanks for both replys , i called him , his marbles card has just been BT`d putting the balance on his BOS wonder if thats annoyed them and they might try and offer him something to `come back` ?
    as he isnt over the limit and hasnt missed payments
    thanks again
    Keep on keeping on... :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills