🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Credit Card for Travelling

Options
Please let me know what is a good credit card to carry abroad or even a debit card, I know wishful thinking. I will be travelling to Indian and Far East and would like to take one as an emergency. I currently only have a debit card and bank with Abbey. Thanks

Comments

• martinpike
    Options
    Look at the 'Overseas Spend' link just above your posting...
  • candyprincess
    Options
    Dohhh! thank you, very helpful. Have you used a nationwide credit card abroad
  • martinpike
    Options
    No, I'm afraid not.
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you used a nationwide credit card abroad
    I have - works exactly as advertised. One thing to watch is that some retailers (especially in Spain apparently) try put the transaction through in Sterling, using their own (not too good) exchange rate. Have a look through the Travel board for more on this.

Oh, and put something back - get the Comic Relief version..
  • GlennTheBaker
    GlennTheBaker Posts: 2,974 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just got back fom a trip to Bratislava, Slovakia and used my Nationwide Debit Card for the first time abroad. No problems at all, very good exchange rate, no charges for ATM use etc. I have a Nationwide Credit Card too as back up.
    This space has been intentionally left blank
  • pin
    pin Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    for purchases Nationwide Credit Card and for ATM withdrawals Nationwide Debit Card.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family