Barring Overseas Credit Card transactions

Options
I only ever use my Nationwide Credit Card overseas, all my other cards are used in the UK only, am I able to bar them for overseas use to help prevent fraudulent transactions occuring.

Comments

• Rafter
    Rafter Posts: 3,850 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I doubt it.

You could try calling the credit card company and seeing if they can flag your account in some way so that if a foreign transaction is detected a fraud alert is automatically generated.

Remember, unless you have not reported your card stolen you are not responsible for fraud anyway, so I wouldn't lose any sleep that your cards could potentially be used in this way.

R.
    Smile :), it makes people wonder what you have been up to.
  • creditcardking_2
    Options
    Thanks, I will ring them and ask if they can call me on my mobile if any foreign transactions occur. If any foreign transactions are detected and they do not contact me then at least the onus is on them to explain why I wasn't contacted.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    You will have to take great care with this. eg If you buy something from say Play.com they are based in Jersey which for financial transactions is based overseas etc etc.
    Like previous poster you are worrying over nothing and if it bothers you that much destroy the cards and close the accounts down!
    Eric
  • JasonElse
    JasonElse Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Why are you so worried about a foreign transaction?

If someone gets your credit card details and makes a foreign purchase then you want to know about it straight away?

suppose if they use your card fraudulently in the UK its ok though!
    Jas
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport