Citi Credit Card Direct Debit Interest Con?

Options
I am after a decent cash back credit card, with good customer service - I pay off my balence each month in full. Internet access / tools is a must.

After receiving awful customer service from Accucard (failure to set up direct debit after three attempts, and various incorrect interest charges etc etc). I switched to Citi Cards. I have just found out that even if you pay off your balence each month by direct debit in full, you are still charged interest, from the time the interst in calculated until the statement is produced. After a long 'chat' with the indian outsourced CS advisor, they informed me that I am unable to pay by DD without being charged interest!!! So my only option is to pay manually each month ... yawn.

Has anyone else experieced this with CitiCards, am I going mad? Or are they?

Advice welcomed.

Comments

• Walletwatch
    Walletwatch Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    It is they who are going mad. I have found the Citicard call center guys highly misinformed, to say the least. Try calling the customer service number on a weekday during the day, and you'll get more sensible branch based people who'll at least know their product better.

If this is not successful, try talking to a supervisor. Also try asking them to send it to you in writing that there is no way you can avoid paying interest, even if you were to pay your card in full every month via direct debit. This should make interesting reading to any ombudsman or a regulatory body.
    It's always the grass that suffers, irrespective of whether the elephants are fighting or making love !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure