We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Brassica collars

Options
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has made their own brassica collars before, I was thinking of using cardboard?

thanks for any helps, not grown cabbage before

Jasminecuddle:confused:

Comments

• RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,859 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi

I cut squares of old carpet, carpet tile or vinyl about 5 inches across and make a slit in them. Works fine.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • jennybridger
    Options
    i had some old craft foam that i used last year - it needs to be able to be flexible as the plants grows.
    Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
    Rejuvenate, Reinvent.......
  • unrich
    unrich Posts: 814 Forumite
    Options
    Old roofing felt.
  • Jasminecuddle
    Options
    many thanks for all your help, not sure if I have any of those but will have a look, appreciate your help:beer: :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport