Egg Card & Capital One ?

Options
Hi do you just get cash back when the 'Egg Card' is used at specific shops etc or every time when it is used ??

Is there cash back with 'Capital One ?

Thx
joe2cool

Comments

• ADJ
    ADJ Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Watch out witn Egg Card, I've just paid off my balance in full and ended up, with a Merchandise Interest charge of 54p. This is explanation -

"Your interest free period actually ran until the 1st of July 2005, after this date you would have started to accrued interest at a rate of 15.9% APR typical variable.

Interest is actually accrued on a daily basis. Your statement date is actually the 17th, and your pavement date is 14 days later, unless this day is a bank holiday or a weekend, in which case, the next working day.

I appreciate that you did clear your balance in July, but the payment needed to be on the account by the 1st of June, the additional payment you made actually came onto the account on the 14th.

I hope this explains how the interest is applied."

I didn't understand it either!!!!!!
  • joe2cool
    joe2cool Posts: 4,121 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well I haven't had that !!? as yet !?
    joe2cool
  • nemo183
    nemo183 Posts: 637 Forumite
    Options
    Rather than being concerned about how Egg intend to pay your cash back, you might want to consider that "Due to improvements to the Egg card, and suggestions by customers" the Egg card cashback rate has been "improved" fom the 2% when I took it out, to the .1% that it is now.

In fact every single "improvement" that Egg seem to have made in the last 2 years, seems to be designed to squeeze a few more pips from their original customers, and make more profit for them.

Sadly, in my opinion, in would appear that when the Egg Card was first issued, and widely recommended, it appears that the concept was a cynical marketing ploy to attract a large number of customers quickly, with the medium term intention of gradually, drip by drip, withdrawing benefits and increasing interest rates, and hopeing that customer inertia would allow them to keep a customer base.

You will find other cards on this site that offer cashback of around .5%, which appears the norm. The American Express Blue Card, if you spend enough on it, will give you 2% back - but if you make most of your purchases on the internet, you'll find that many merchants won't take it, because Amex commission rates are so high.

Regardless of which ever card you use, you'll get more money back by using a site like https://www.rpoints.com , and then using this site and sites like rpoints for further discount codes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure