We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Allotment advice on Gardener's World

Options
bina72
bina72 Posts: 102 Forumite
Just in case anyone hadn't heard GW have got a new hour long slot on Fridays from 8.
This year one of the presenters is showing how to manage an allotment from the beginning. It did start last week but it only showed him choosing his plot (methinks he had help from GW in getting a prime spot in London!) & how he'd travel to & from it. So the developing & growing starts from this Fri.
I don't know about anyone else but I've never really watched GW before (it reminded me of 'old' people, I guess I am one now!) - I really enjoyed it & got a lot of great advice. It's been filmed seasonally so it's topical & practical for what you're doing now in your own garden/ allotment.

Monty Don also has an obsession with compost for those of you with of a similar nature :D

Comments

• jess444_2
    jess444_2 Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that, have just begun digging my new allotmnent - need all the advice I can get.
    Jess
  • LilySue
    LilySue Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh I shall have to watch that, we have just got an allotment swap to nearer our house and I could due with some advice/tips.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure