Barclaycard 'Initial' been referred!

Options
Bosie
Bosie Posts: 1,218 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
My hubby applied for Barclaycard's basic initial credit card, he has no CCJ's Bankruptcy on file, he does have 1 default from almost 5 years ago. Anyway, he didn't get an instant decision. It seems to have been referred, does that mean a person will actually look at your file in detail? Get it up on their screen and do a Columbo on it:rolleyes: Oh yes, hubby said: when it asked for previous address, you tap in postcode, but the address wasn't the 'post office' address. For instance we lived on 123 anyroad, this just had 'anyroad' yet it was the correct postcode etc. We have checked and they have done a search with Equifax. Suppose this can be a problem if your address isn't fully correct.
Yet it's showing correct with Equifax? Sorry to confuse.

Bo

Comments

• darkblue_2
    darkblue_2 Posts: 676 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there,

I also recently applied for a barclaycard initial (due to not having a credit history) - they work it out on a 'points-based' scoring system and if there is any doubt about the identity or if there is some adverse credit (even if it's old) then they will have to get a real person to do the search and make the decision.

I was accepted and given a (tiny) £260 balance.

It's not a cause for concern, it's simply another security check and they will send out a letter if he has been declined. If he is accepted - he will receive the card and then the pin a few days later.

With regards to not finding the address on their database; don't worry about it. It is a common problem and shouldn't have an impact on the decision.

Db
  • Bosie
    Bosie Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that, the apr is slightly lower than Aqua, so he thought he'd give it a go!
    Can you check your transactions on-line? Only thing with Aqua there is no on-line service.
  • Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    Bosie wrote: »
    Can you check your transactions on-line? Only thing with Aqua there is no on-line service.

Yes. Barclaycard provides good online services. Payment via the site is also the quickest method, should he leave things a bit late (not that he would, I'm sure) ;)
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • Tori_Bellatrix
    Tori_Bellatrix Posts: 1,307 Forumite
    Options
    Do Barclaycard Intital give an immediate online decision where possible?
    :happylove Tori Bellatrix :happylove

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do Barclaycard Intital give an immediate online decision where possible?
    No, all applications are reffered to an underwriter for analasys.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • darkblue_2
    darkblue_2 Posts: 676 Forumite
    Options
    PROLIANT wrote: »
    No, all applications are reffered to an underwriter for analasys.

Not in my experience.

They give you an initial response. If you have a good credit history, and it meets their standards then they will tell you straight away.

If you have a poorer, or no credit, they will generally write to you within 14 days. I received my card 7 days later with a credit limit of £250.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure