Home Based Enterprises & Interest Beater Challenge.

Options

Comments

• Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    bails wrote: »
    Contrary to what I just wrote on the 4k, I still want in here :D Erratic, moi? ;) Can't pass up a good challenge! :j

My Interest Beater fund was started yesterday with a find of 5p in the street - who said I'm not lucky?! :rotfl:
    Noggin, you could definitely come and do my ironing, I just don't do any :o
    Marru, ROFLing about counting in toenails!

Put me down for the ISA interest please Nyk, although can you round it up to £235 for me please? :D

:rotfl: You have the dreaded financial OCD kicking in already!:rotfl:

I have definitely decided to stooze some of my target amount for this challenge. It seems too simple to be true but, after reading thread upon thread upon thread about it, and trying it out a little for this year's ISA, it looks entirely plausible. I haven't got a clue how to work out how much it could earn me because I'm not in the financial position to have credit cards with 10 or 20 thousand credit available and I don't have a mortgage, so can't 'offset' (not completely sure what that means anyway), but it still looks an easyish way of making a few pounds extra for free. I also took advantage of a cashback CC deal, so I'll be paying almost everything on that and then paying off the balance in full the following month. If I include all my work related expenses, it SHOULD mean that I'll get a fair bit back. Will work it out later. All of this is the part about making money work to make me money. I am not counting in clicks, cashback sites, affiliate sales or any of my eBid sales as they are already accounted for elsewhere.

On a more practical level, I need to concentrate on making things that could sell, and it's this that has me stumped; not the making of things to sell, the actual selling part. I seem to manage OK helping others sell their stuff but am absolutely no good at selling my own and tend to use that as my excuse for not just 'getting on with it!'. Maybe this challenge will help as you all have such great enthusiasm. I may even try out my new glue gun. It's been lying in the box since I bought it last year (because it was reduced) and then I got a free box of glue sticks sent out because the sample gluestick was missing from the original packaging, so I have absolutely no excuses not to use up some of the [STRIKE]junk[/STRIKE] recyclable goods I have lying around here.

Anyone got any ideas for what I could do with old books other than selling them dirt cheap as secondhand books? :D
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • taka
    taka Posts: 3,483 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :hello: Another [STRIKE]stalker[/STRIKE] person signing up here :rotfl:

Count me in for £260 I think :D
    Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
  • Mollymop5
    Mollymop5 Posts: 2,095 Forumite
    Options
    Well I've just met the criteria for an online survey!!! I get offered then often but am usually too late or don't meet the criteria.I claimed my reward as £1 into my paypal account.Going to have to make a new spreadsheet now to follow this challenge :)
    lost my way but now I'm back ! roll on 2013
    spc member 72

• Frugaldom
    Options
    Mollymop5 wrote: »
    Well I've just met the criteria for an online survey!!! I get offered then often but am usually too late or don't meet the criteria.I claimed my reward as £1 into my paypal account.Going to have to make a new spreadsheet now to follow this challenge :)

Hi Molly, I never seem to qualify for any of the surveys and those few that I do 'fit the criteria' are for a few points for sites that take me months and even years to save enough for anything.

For all the writers among you, does anyone try the £25 write-ins for magazines like 'Chat'? There's also a really good site called www.firstwriter.com Come to think of it, I need to renew my membership, as it's absolutely months since the reminder arrived here! :o

• sweetpeas_2
    sweetpeas_2 Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Options
    bails wrote: »
    Noggin, you could definitely come and do my ironing, I just don't do any :o

I don't do my own ironing either bails, I only do it for money :D:D:D
  • lambosx150
    lambosx150 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

not sure if this is in the rules,but I am going to get a job stacking shelves at my local Tesco for a few hours a day after my normal job as I do regular 6-2 days.

For those inmy area and want to do the same the job applications should be in store at the customer services desk towards the end of the month.

By the way its the Balby Tesco in Doncaster sorry to those of you who do not live nearby.

Just trying to help others make a little extra for lifes little pleasures.

Lambosx150
  • Frugaldom
    Options
    Noggin and Lambosx150 - what are your targets?

We are working them out at 6.5% cost of living over a year, as per post one, so that it equals or exceeds the amount we would have earned had the money been in an ISA or high interest account.

• sweetpeas_2
    sweetpeas_2 Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Options
    I'm going to have to go for £390 NYK

xx
  • bails
    bails Posts: 3,196 Forumite
    Options
    noggin wrote: »
    I don't do my own ironing either bails, I only do it for money :D:D:D

Ha ha, brilliant! I'd have to be seriously well paid to iron though, so hats off to you! :T
    I never seem to qualify for surveys either :confused: I've written in a few times but never received anything - might have another go if I can face it...
    The 1,000 Day Challenge:
    Feb 16, 2016
    500/30,000
    1.67%
  • Marru
    Marru Posts: 4,126 Forumite
    Options
    nykmedia wrote: »
    For all the writers among you, does anyone try the £25 write-ins for magazines like 'Chat'? There's also a really good site called www.firstwriter.com Come to think of it, I need to renew my membership, as it's absolutely months since the reminder arrived here! :o

Hi Nyk, yes I am member or firstwriter, got some competition info and couple of magazine tips from them. Thanks for the other tip!

Marru
    "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end."

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure