Home Based Enterprises & Interest Beater Challenge.

Options

Comments

• Mollymop5
    Mollymop5 Posts: 2,095 Forumite
    Options
    How exciting.Another challenge :T :T .Ever get the feeling I just stalk you Nyk :rotfl: :rotfl: .
    A list of challengers is always good. I'm hoping to make £325 .

I look forward to hearing everyones successes :)
    lost my way but now I'm back ! roll on 2013
    spc member 72

• broke_mum_of_three
    Options
    Another stalker here Nky:D :D

I'm signing up for £325.

Not sure whether to open a new account or not, it usually helps me to keep everything separate, as when it all goes into the big pot it gets a bit lost:p
    Live on a little over £4k challenge
    Sealed pot challenge no. 315
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi guys! Nice to see you here, it's getting quite exciting now and sending my brain into overdrive with ideas! I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow and we'll soon get our virtual heads together to discuss tactics for this interest beating enterprise challenge.
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • Marru
    Marru Posts: 4,126 Forumite
    Options
    HI,

I shall aim for the £260.- thinking that the sky is the limit. (Today when I have been typing for some reason lots of letters are falling out, is it my keyboard or my fingers - apologies for that.)

As those of you that know me I am already in the Olympic challenge so I wanted to do something new for this challenge (at least untill the Olympic challenge ends) so I am trying to earn some money by writing stories. Very hard I know as world is full of aspiring writers but I want to give it a go. I might have to fall back on clipping guinea pigs claws as (ref post in £4k challenge) I might be able to charge £10 per 56 claws, for £260.- that would mean 1,456 claws (So I only need to find 104 guinea pigs to do :D ).

Marru
    "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end."

• mini_huny_money
    Options
    Hya Nyk and everyone

lots of luck to everyone doing this cnallenge, would love to join but can't see how I could earn enough. Takes me ages to get Pigsback clicks and Ive been dead lazy with my surveys, but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and hopefully might come up with something.

Molly.......I too feel like I'm stalking Nyk LOL
    cheerio hen
  • sophiesmum_2
    sophiesmum_2 Posts: 4,965 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    My wage is around £13,000. If i didn't have to spend any of this it would probably get me £845 in an isa in interest. So I have decided that I will try and make over the year this amount for the challenge....somehow:o

Only another £632.15 to go then:rolleyes: or just over £50 per month;)

Good luck everyone:j
    Reduce,re-use, recycle.

• chalkswindon
    Options
    I will have a think about this and will probably join in later this week when i have some more time on my hands.

I made £58.25 from the National Thing plus £30 Quidco if that gets validated, I had only used quidco once previously that was to join Carol to take advantage of a loop hole they had.
    Joined Avon : 13/04/2011 C8 £168.98 C9 £270.99 C10 £237.65 C11 £227.27 C12 £299.97 C13 £298.50 C14 £308.14 C15 £347 C16 349.09 so Far :)
  • Mollymop5
    Mollymop5 Posts: 2,095 Forumite
    Options
    I have £33.94 in an account I have for saving quidco cashback so I will use that as a kickstart.Am I right in thinking I could count the mney from my small cleaning job that I'm doing at the mo to cover someones maternity leave.I decided not to count it in £4000 challenge as its only for a couple of months.I could put it here though.What do you think Nyk?
    lost my way but now I'm back ! roll on 2013
    spc member 72

• Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think we should be able to count money that is earned or generated in any way, shape or form that isn't part of our normal day-to-day work routine. This is over and above our 'normal' income, just like it would be if it was interest being added to our savings. I would go as far as say, 'anything goes' but we need to keep it within the law :rotfl:
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • bails
    bails Posts: 3,196 Forumite
    Options
    Contrary to what I just wrote on the 4k, I still want in here :D Erratic, moi? ;) Can't pass up a good challenge! :j

My Interest Beater fund was started yesterday with a find of 5p in the street - who said I'm not lucky?! :rotfl:
    Noggin, you could definitely come and do my ironing, I just don't do any :o
    Marru, ROFLing about counting in toenails!

Put me down for the ISA interest please Nyk, although can you round it up to £235 for me please? :D
    The 1,000 Day Challenge:
    Feb 16, 2016
    500/30,000
    1.67%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business