need a small dishwasher

Options
having left a space of 50cm for a dishwasher with plumbing in place, i will be looking to order one soon. can anybody recommend one ? a popular one seems to be the indesit idl40 ( i think) 45 cm wide £198 at john lewis.

however i'm a bit worried about buying indesit due to problems with a washing machine by them. nothing major but not exactly the most reliable machine.

any input welcomed!

Comments

• kwatt
    kwatt Posts: 711 Forumite
    Options
    The dishwashers aren't any better. ;)

If it has to be slimline then Bosch or Miele, I'd struggle to recommend anything else in a slimline machine. Most others are pretty poor TBH or aren't the best when it comes to being reliable.

HTH

K.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. Its what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Slimlines are often more expensive than standard size.
    You also need to consider how much use it will get. If it's just occasional use and your budget won't stretch to a Miele or Bosch you may find a cheaper model is adequate for your needs.
  • adandem
    adandem Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We have an Indesit at work at it's not that good at all. I would go for a better brand.
  • adaze
    adaze Posts: 623 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pennylane wrote: »
    Slimlines are often more expensive than standard size.

All the ones we looked at were. We got the electrolux one that Wickes stock (they only do one) can't complain everything we put in comes out clean!
  • Be_Happy
    Be_Happy Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    We're using the slimline Bosch and are very happy with it. Especially like the delay timer which means we can set it to come on during night on Economy 7 heating.
  • Kevstir
    Kevstir Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    we have a hotpoint slimline, after having it 2 months the computer needed replaced but after that its been fine for the last 2 years, use cheap tescos dishwashing tablets and the dishes come out nice and clean, its also one of the quietest machines iv heard.

Kev
  • high-rise_andrew
    Options
    what about a counter-top Bosch with 4 settings? Just a thought, tc x.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure