We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Petite Star Zia Stroller - Is it worth the money

Options
Hi, I am looking to buy a stroller and like the look of this one (not over the £100 budget) - only thing that is stopping me getting it is I have read heaps of positive review and only a few bad ones. The bad ones say it is a nightmare on stairs and also it tips easily - does anyone have any experiences about this?

Comments

• poohzee
    poohzee Posts: 439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :confused:Anyone please?
  • izoomzoom
    izoomzoom Posts: 1,564 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i had to look it up to know what u were talking about.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=Petite+Star+Zia+Stroller+

a running mummy i know uses one that look like his and we power-pram together, so good on that front.

perhaps others will be along shortly
  • Snafflepants
    Options
    Hiya,

I had a Petite Zia stroller and wouldnt recommend them.

The idea is good in principle but the build quality is really poor.

It's small and light but thats the only good part!

The bad bits are:
    -The raincover is rubbish and doesnt really fit
    -The basket is small and really hard to get into
    -The recline isn't great and my DD looked really uncomfortable
    -The handle height is much too low
    -Feels flimsy and it would tilt

I am a bit of a buggy addict (reformed now I am a DFW) but the Zapp or the Loola are much better - you can pick up on ebay for £100

HTH

Snaffle x
  • BatCat
    BatCat Posts: 474 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    I have one of these as a quick run around and it's not a bad stroller.
    It only tips if you really really load it up with shopping otherwise I've found it quite stable. The basket is a bit of a pain to get into but the Quinny Zapp has an ever worse basket. The handle height could be better (I'm 5'9) but I just hold it around the top of the handles. To be honest I don't use the raincover very often but it does fit (though it is fiddly, but I think that's the general shape of the pram).
    I would say it's good for short journeys or a light jaunt into town but you wouldn't want to take it cross country or use it for a baby under 6 months (even though it says you can... hummm).
    Cheers,
    BatCat
  • mum_to_izzy
    mum_to_izzy Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    I have to say I loved mine. Worth every penny. It folds easier than the Zapp, it has a shopping basket, admittely you can't fit much in, it reclines - my dd never looked uncomfy in it, it has a bigger seat area for her bottom. I really liked it, only sold it as she doesn't really use a buggy so got a mothercare jive.
  • kelz85
    kelz85 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I also have a zia stroller and its been fantastic, however the one bad thing I have found is that it doesnt have a completely upright position, and sometimes my little boy looks a little slumped. I didnt buy the zapp because it doesnt recline at all, whereas this one does. I only use it as a second buggy that I keep in the car, as its soooo easy to get in and out. Hope that helps!
  • poohzee
    poohzee Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    Eeek! Even more confused now! I didn't use my dd's stroller that much, just going to town, holidays, a few walks here and there - but thought would use it more with ds. He is almost 3 months now, and our pram takes up so much space in the boot and house so was wanting something smaller - I know a stroller would be smaller - but I loved how small the zia goes. I also really want a reclining one, the basket isn't that important - so what does everyone recommend?????? Budget of £100 or less including hood and raincover. Thanks for advice in advance!:rotfl:
  • Katyag
    Katyag Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    Options
    Id recommened a Mclaren then, im a bit of a pram / buggy fanatic too! Have had a Graco, Silvercross, Mamas and Papas, Cossato and now have a Bebe Confort Loola and a Mclaren Volo.

The Volo folds up really small but doesnt recline so only use for 6 months plus. But for what you are looking for id recommend a Mclaren and you can get some really good ones. Not sure on prices these days as DH has put a stop to my buying!! lol

Enjoy the shopping, i love trying out prams / buggies!
    Bringing up 2 handsome boys and 1 gorgeous girl the MSE way!
    Joseph born 19th December 2001
    Matthew born 8th August 2007
    Tara born 23rd January 2011
  • Loopy_Lobes
    Loopy_Lobes Posts: 575 Forumite
    Options
    We've got a Zia and we love it. Primarily we bought it to take on holiday as it folds so small and is lightweight but now we use it all the time as it's just much more practical than our bigger buggy. The basket is a pain but you can unclip it at the front and load it up. Also by adding a couple of strips of velcro to the raincover to attach it to the frame it stops the child kicking it off. Our daughter is 14 months but I can see this being great for her as she grows as the seat is wider than most buggies.

Loopy x
  • gipsy
    gipsy Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    :T [Hi
    I have just ordered a zia stroller online from nursery value.com with free footmuff, I hope this is esy to manoevre. Looks good free delivery to uk mainland but not to where i live though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport