We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Oh dear...my poor veg seedlings...

Options
kippers
kippers Posts: 2,061 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I can't believe my harden off veg seedlings are under 1 inch of snow. I wouldn't mind but i looked up the BBC weather in this area and it didn't say snow at all here, it just said the lowest temperature would be 0 degrees which i felt would be ok. I would have moved them inside my cold frames if id have known.

I hope thay are ok.

Comments

• sparklygirl1
    sparklygirl1 Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    I too hope your seedlings are ok. I thought it as cold last night but wasn't expecting SNOW!
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Actually under a blanket of snow is fine, snow keeps the wind & chill out surprisingly

Which is why mountaineers / climbers dig a snow cave to protect themselves if problems arise

Your seedlings should be fine
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Never trust the BBC weather forecast ;)

It forecast hard frost and snow/rain/sleet showers for us this weekend and, barring a heavy rain shower last night lasting about half an hour and a brief flutter of white dust this morning, we've had blue skies and sunshine the whole weekend! In fact it's a quite pleasant 10C out in the garden at the moment in the sunshine :D
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • annie123
    annie123 Posts: 4,256 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh dear.....Please read my 'gardening in April' thread.....no putting seedlings out till at least the end of the month and pref May.
    Lots of ideas on it as a guide as to what you can/not do, there is one for each month of the year.

I hope they are OK, if they have gone, don't worry there is plenty of time to sow some more.:D
    And I am sure there are others here who got caught out.

Good luck
  • MonkeySaving?
    MonkeySaving? Posts: 1,141 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thats global "warming" for you lol ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income