egg! sorry bit long

got a late payment letter the other day, had a look at my statement online and i only had 6th of jan-6th of feb avaliable to view, i called them an told them i didnt have a relevent statement for march and asked how i was ment to pay on time if i didnt know when the due date was, i was told that my account had been closed in january and that there were no notes as to why it had been closed so they couldnt re-open my account or give me up-to-date statements, they are now investingating why it has been closed and said they would get back to me, they didnt however say if i would get charged or not
can they charge me if they havent provided a statemnet for the relevent month?

Comments

• silkglade
    silkglade Posts: 559 Forumite
    Hi.

I am no expert on this but I don't see how you can be charged a late payment fee when you have not been sent a payment date or statement!!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    blueye wrote: »
    can they charge me if they havent provided a statemnet for the relevent month?
    Technically, yes, because you set up a direct debit when you opened the account, and they say...
    2. REPAYMENTS

Each month you must pay by Direct Debit at least the minimum payment stated in your statement by the Payment Date.

http://new.egg.com/visitor/0,,3_11087--View_1068,00.html
    However, under the circumstances, I wouldn't think they'd charge a late payment fee.
  • blueye
    blueye Posts: 320 Forumite
    i have never had a direct debit with them and have never been asked to set one up with them.
    i thought it was strange when the guy was telling me i must have canceled my dd, when i told him i didnt have one he didnt mention anything about it.
  • From what I know you must make a payment to a credit card company every 30 days whether you recieve a statement or not and I imagine this would be in the T&C's.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure