Nintendi DS Lite

Advice Please. Have sent in my DS Lite as it wouldnt switch on. I sent it to Nintendo for repair as it still has 2 months warranty left. Thay now say it will cost £55 to repair as it was contaminated by liquid. It has never been used near water or steam nor have I dropped anything on it. They said there is a strip inside which has turned a different colour to show the contamination.
Do I still have to pay?

Comments

• Stubert
    Stubert Posts: 733 Forumite
    This is quite common with mobile phones too. It just gets moisture in it from the air and its broken. Then they use this to charge you as its not covered by manufacturers warranty. You could not pay, but they won't repair it. Don't know where else you could get it done, but you're almost better buying a new one at that price.
  • BillScarab
    BillScarab Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Plenty of places repair DS Lites. Just google it or do a search in this forum as it's been mentioned before.
    It's my problem, it's my problem
    If I feel the need to hide
    And it's my problem if I have no friends
    And feel I want to die

• Lynxette
    Lynxette Posts: 147 Forumite
    Unfortunatly, I had this problem with my mobile phone - Apparently, all it needs is to be left in a wet, humid environment - In the kitchen while the kettles boiling, near a freshly made cup of tea, in the bathroom while a hot bath is run (I was guilty of this with the mobile phone!) etc etc. The water condenses inside the machine.

Other than that, could any possible children have spilt something on it and paniced, cleaning it off without telling you? I've heard rumours that it can take up to a fortnight for the water to take an effect on an electrical system.
    Sealed Pot Challenge! Aim; £100 Currently £11.61
    £2 Saving Club; Aim; £200 Currently £0
  • CloudRuler
    CloudRuler Posts: 218 Forumite
    For that price I wouldn't bother, I'd just buy a new one.
    I had an accident with mine, it was in a bag with a fairly large bottle of water, as you can guess the cap came off and my DS was soaked. Stuck it in the airing cupboard for 3-4 days and it's as good as new now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure