BMI BABY Baggage Complaint!

Options
Hello everyone,

I have just returned from a short break to Ireland and i am extremely cross with BMIbaby!

After incurring a 3 hour delay, i arrived in Manchester to find that one of my bags had been mislaid. The bag in question contained all my good evening wear that i had worn to the parties i had attended there.

I was told that my bag would be returned to my home within 48hrs. This was on Monday and the bag was returned yesterday afternoon.

When i saw my bag i was disgusted. It was completly covered in dirt. I mean, absolutely filthy black! Thankfully the bag is navy but, even so the dirt was bad it was noticable even on a dark color!

I am going to complain as i am shocked at the 'brass' neck they have to return a bag in that condition.

Any ideas a sto who to complain to and what to say??? :mad:

Comments

• dalbmeister
    Options
    You'll have to notify them within 7 days for them to process a claim for the dirty luggage. If so I'd recommend you call the airport baggage services department that took your lost report and explain the situation. They'll be able to create a damaged report using your original loss report reference number.

Airlines handle claims differently but once you have a damage report about the state of your luggage they may arrange for it to be collected and cleaned but as bmibaby is low cost i doubt they are that generous.

Their customer relations address is:
    bmibaby customer relations
    PO BOX 737
    Castle Donington
    Derby
    DE74 2XP

You may get fobbed off on the first instance, so be prepared to follow it up. The main thing is make your initial claim ASAP.

Good luck!
  • Lipsticklady
    Options
    will do......thanks for the advice.

Might be worth pursuing.

Thank you!
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    roger1234, you cannot give out individual contact details on MSE - plus I would hope that the OP's situation is now resolved (from 2005!).
    Gone ... or have I?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport