Life Insurance & Medicals query

Options
Does anyone know what the limit for life insurance is without having to have a medical?

We're 46 & 48, tried to get 200k policy but they want a medical. We both work long hours, away from home often overnight & subject to change at last minute so trying to arrange this is a nightmare (& no leave left till Aug!!!!) TBH would prefer to take out say 2 100k policies even if a little dearer to save teh hassle of trying to arrange/cancel appts.

Thanks folks. x
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
:) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
"Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know what the limit for life insurance is without having to have a medical?

It varies with different insurers and how you answer the questions.
    TBH would prefer to take out say 2 100k policies

Most insurers have a question that covers multiple applications being made and the sum assureds.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure