Episode 11 (the should I pay off one) Your Views

The countdown is on for tonight's It Pays To Watch!

(As far as I can tell, it's not repeated on Sunday, so don't miss this episode! :j

Replies

• BeateBeate Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good grief, how can anyone pay back a mortgage whilst having more than that amount in savings???
    Reclaimed thanks to this site:
    £175 Abbey Mortgage Repayment Fee, £170.03 Capital One Bank Charges £418.07 Lloyds TSB Bank Charges, £2,671.55 Mis-sold Endowment Policy, all for OH
  • mattytunmattytun Forumite
    13.9K Posts
    Rampant Recycler Xmas Saver! Savvy Shopper! Energy Saving Champion
    wonder if Geoff capes will give the lovely lisa liptrot a lift in the air :eek::rotfl:
    Can't sleep, quit counting sheep and talk directly to the shepherd :cool:
  • Blimey - 11th programme already!!!!

I remember the couple featured in the "paying off your mortgage" item from the other series and think that was the turning point for me personally about banks.

Hard-working people, like my own family, who place trust in the now defunct "bank manager" figure not realising that who manage the banks primarily now are teams of sales people individually bonused on selling more financial products.

So good to see they really benefitted from the advice Martin gave them:money:
    :D Thanks to MSE, I am mortgage free!:D
  • littlemissmoneylittlemissmoney Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I think it should have been made clearer that Martin's advice is to not OVERPAY your student loan rather than not repay it. I have visions of people cancelling their standing orders following the show :o
    :p Proud to be a MoneySaver! :p
  • MSE_MartinMSE_Martin MoneySaving Expert
    8.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it should have been made clearer that Martin's advice is to not OVERPAY your student loan rather than not repay it. I have visions of people cancelling their standing orders following the show :o

Sadly I agree.... my phrasing at the end could've been better; that the nature of (as) live TV. Luckily we link people to the web article which explains it and it was clear elsewhere in the programme. I hope most people realise we were talking about surplus cash.

You can't actually cancel paying a standard loan though as its through the payroll - luckily
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Bogof_BabeBogof_Babe Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another great show. Are you trying to fatten Ruth up for Christmas Martin? :D

Usual question - who was the eco-saver? Whoever it was has nicked my idea of doing an item on charity shopping! ;) Hope it doesn't give all the locals round here ideas - I do like to get the best bargains :rotfl: .
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• littlemissmoneylittlemissmoney Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    You can't actually cancel paying a standard loan though as its through the payroll - luckily

If the loan is pre 1998 then it's not; you pay out of your bank account. I'm sure people can apply some common sense though, they have a degree after all :D
    :p Proud to be a MoneySaver! :p
  • That was interesting! lolol...

I was the 'Eco-Cash Saver' lady....and I thought my plants looked great!

We covered SOOO many green tips during filming, I only wish there had been more time to cover them in the film, but it was good fun and I hope more people think about leaning towards the green and saving money.

TS
    I do love a good bargain!
  • MARTINS_DOLLMARTINS_DOLL Forumite
    11.1K Posts
    That was interesting! lolol...

I was the 'Eco-Cash Saver' lady....and I thought my plants looked great!

We covered SOOO many green tips during filming, I only wish there had been more time to cover them in the film, but it was good fun and I hope more people think about leaning towards the green and saving money.

TS

Well done ... :beer: I personally found it very informative.

Some of your tips, I already do myself, but I have picked up a few new ones too.
    Where do you get that little gizmo for measuring the electricty please? Thank you in advance.

Great info xxx
    ................................... MSE MARTIN LEWIS ... :A ... THANK YOU.......................
  • Bogof_BabeBogof_Babe Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh, I didn't realise we had a poster called Tracey Smith or I wouldn't have asked such a daft question.

Very good presentation Tracey - can I ask how much land you have?
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News