We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Iceland - 4 weeks too long?
oxymore
Posts: 107 Forumite
Hi, I've been reading a lot of postive posts on Iceland here but was wondering, is 4 weeks too long to stay in Reykjavik? I will be going there for a clinical placement in June-July at Landspitali Hospital and am looking forward to it but worried that it might be too long for a visit. The other option I'm thinking of is splitting my placement into 2 and going to New York for 2 weeks, although placements there are not so interactive due to litigation, so mainly observing, which doesn't sound as good but the opportunity to visit both places would be amazing, if not a lot of hassle to organise.
So basically, I don't want to overdo my stay in Reykjavik, it sounds like an amazing place but for people who've been/live there, would there be much to do in so many weeks?
Thanks.
So basically, I don't want to overdo my stay in Reykjavik, it sounds like an amazing place but for people who've been/live there, would there be much to do in so many weeks?
Thanks.
0
Comments
-
Well it's a lovely place and I enjoyed just wandering around it. There are some lovely walks in and around Reykjavik. I'd say for a holiday that 4 weeks is too long but I think that given you are doing something there, you should go and experience the place instead of going to NYC. So many people go on placements and study in New York. I know that I'd take the opportunity to do something different!0
-
4 weeks is 3 and half weeks too long for reykjavik. there isnt a lot to do in reykjavik and you are best touring around a bit instead with a car (cheaper than the tours believe me). 4 weeks would also bankrupt you as there are only so many £11 tea and cake stops the average person can afford. do new york as well and experience both.
i highly recommend staying at the clinic. look at the blue lagoon site for 100 a night you get free entry to the lagoon which saves ££'s. i loved iceland and wont go back for spoiling the dream, but 4 weeks is a loooong time.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards