New Post Advanced Search

Cash into IF

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
21 replies 3.3K views
Unbelievable_2Unbelievable_2 Forumite
777 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
Does anyone know if it's possible to put cash into an IF current account? ???

Replies

• Debt_Free_ChickDebt_Free_Chick Forumite
    13.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you not have credit slips to pay money into the account? The ones you use to post cheques?

Just take a credit slip & the cash to any bank and they should do it for you.

The credit slips might be at the back of your cheque book - if you have one - or you might have to order them.

Otherwise, just keep the cash and use it instead of making a cash withdrawal.
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • AndyR_3AndyR_3 Forumite
    324 posts
    Just take a credit slip & the cash to any bank and they should do it for you.

No they won't - why should high street banks accept credits for IF and the like?

Try a branch of Halifax - they're all part of the same group. A bank where you hold an account may also take it.
    Amazon sellers club - member number 63.
    January challange - sell 10 items. 0 down, 10 to go!
  • I did e-mail them about this - basically you can't do it. If you're really desperate they suggest you send it through registered post! :o
  • CasCas Forumite
    158 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker

No they won't - why should high street banks accept credits for IF and the like?

Try a branch of Halifax - they're all part of the same group. A bank where you hold an account may also take it.

Most high street banks will accept a pay in to an account held with another bank so long as you have a preprinted pay in slip. Just watch out because they may charge you for doing so.

If you've got a cheque account you'll find preprinted pay in slips at the back of it and any branch of Bank of Scotland or Halifax should accept it for free as they're all part of HBOS.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
  • The IF web site says
    Do you have an arrangement with any high street bank for depositing and withdrawing funds?

No, we do not. However, you can use any Halifax or Link cash machine to withdraw cash without charge. Other banks may charge for using their machines, and you will be warned if this is the case.

and they certainly didn't offer it as an option when I e-mailed them. ???
  • CasCas Forumite
    158 posts
    Strange, because I'm looking at one of IF's pay in slips just now and it's exactly the same as any other preprinted pay in slip including a space for the cashier's stamp and initials both on the slip itself and the receipt. The receipt portion clearly says "subject to verification of all items other than cash" and the pay in slip itself has the usual cash breakdown section. ???
  • Cas

Yes - that's what set me wondering about paying in cash. Maybe they're standard format cheque books - but it's all a bit confusing (and inconvenient) >:(
  • M_ThomsonM_Thomson Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭

Most high street banks will accept a pay in to an account held with another bank so long as you have a preprinted pay in slip.  Just watch out because they may charge you for doing so.  

If you've got a cheque account you'll find preprinted pay in slips at the back of it and any branch of Bank of Scotland or Halifax should accept it for free as they're all part of HBOS.

IF is a subsidary of HBOS and Halifax/BOS branches are unable to accept credits for IF accounts as they are seperate from branch based accounts. Its best to either pay in cash at a clearing bank which you have an account with using an if payment slip. Or pay into another bank account, and do a BACS trasfer over to the IF account,
  • CasCas Forumite
    158 posts
    IF is a subsidary of HBOS and Halifax/BOS branches are unable to accept credits for IF accounts as they are seperate from branch based accounts.  Its best to either pay in cash at a clearing bank which you have an account with using an if payment slip.   Or pay into another bank account, and do a BACS trasfer over to the IF account,

So what's the point in IF providing pay in slips that can be used at branch counters?
    ??? ??? ???
  • It's impossible to pay cash or cheques into an Intellingent Finance account without incurring charges. None of the High St banks will do it for free and to top it all I.F. have even recently withdrawn their pre-paid envelope service so you can't even post your cheques in for free.

Is it just me or does everyone agree that this is a cost cutting measure too far? In my experience other internet / postal banks always provide pre-paid envelopes?

I have written to the Executive about this but he didn't want to know, just passed my letter on to a customer adviser who just fobbed me off.
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support