We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Changing back small amount of foreign currency
flattman306
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi all
Not sure if I have posted this in the best forum, so apologies if I haven't.
Basically, I've been having a house spring clear-out, and I have found some foreign currencies. Its in small amounts, and from various countries (Japanese Yen, Slovak Koruna, Indonesian Rupiah, Singapore Dollars!). Overall I have estimated it comes to around £30-£40 or so. Is it worth even trying to get this changed, or is it too small amount for exchanges to even take it without whacking on a big fee? Is there anywhere that will take them and give me a half decent deal?
I am going to America next week, so would it help my cause by getting it changed into dollars rather than asking for it back in sterling?
Any help appreciated!
Thanks
Not sure if I have posted this in the best forum, so apologies if I haven't.
Basically, I've been having a house spring clear-out, and I have found some foreign currencies. Its in small amounts, and from various countries (Japanese Yen, Slovak Koruna, Indonesian Rupiah, Singapore Dollars!). Overall I have estimated it comes to around £30-£40 or so. Is it worth even trying to get this changed, or is it too small amount for exchanges to even take it without whacking on a big fee? Is there anywhere that will take them and give me a half decent deal?
I am going to America next week, so would it help my cause by getting it changed into dollars rather than asking for it back in sterling?
Any help appreciated!
Thanks
0
Comments
-
flattman306 wrote: »Hi all
Not sure if I have posted this in the best forum, so apologies if I haven't.
Basically, I've been having a house spring clear-out, and I have found some foreign currencies. Its in small amounts, and from various countries (Japanese Yen, Slovak Koruna, Indonesian Rupiah, Singapore Dollars!). Overall I have estimated it comes to around £30-£40 or so. Is it worth even trying to get this changed, or is it too small amount for exchanges to even take it without whacking on a big fee? Is there anywhere that will take them and give me a half decent deal?
I am going to America next week, so would it help my cause by getting it changed into dollars rather than asking for it back in sterling?
Any help appreciated!
Thanks
As long as it's valid notes, any BdeC will change them. The fee at most (hidden in the exchange rate) is precisely proportional to the amount so it really doesn't matter whether it's a few ££ worth or hundreds.
No point in changing into dollars - that means two fees.
If it's coins, drop them in a charity box - no-one will change them0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards