Can you SBT with Barclaycard?

Options
Hi all,

Please could somebody if you can SBT with Barclaycard?

Is there a charge?

Comments

• nh
    nh Posts: 567 Forumite
    Options
    I SBT'd from Barclaycard earlier this year after they offered me a 3.9% for a year deal. I just gave the woman my bank details when arranging the transfer.

There was no charge.
    I'm married now! Yippee!
  • smartsaver
    Options
    Please could somebody if you can SBT with Barclaycard?
    Never heard being able to thsi this with Barclaycard on a 0% deal ???
  • Shinds
    Shinds Posts: 448 Forumite
    Options
    Well yeah - It's only be worthwhile if it was on a 0% deal ;)
  • LandyMan_3
    Options
    You might be interested to read about my experience with Barclaycard yesterday.

I rang customer services and asked if I could transfer some money from my card into my current account (barclays account).

The operator asked me what I was going to do with the money, then said that Barclaycard did not offer that facility.

So, I thought that I would transfer the balance from my Virgin (MBNA) card to the Barclaycard, then do another SBT from Virgin (free).

Rang back Barclaycard and got another, far more helpful operator. She said that she couldn't accept the Virgin card for a balance transfer, so she transferred the money to my current account 'so that you can pay off your Virgin card yourself'.

The money from Barclaycard is 0% until May.
  • Shinds
    Shinds Posts: 448 Forumite
    Options
    Landyman u lucky sod!! ;D

Was the Barclaycard a new card?
  • LandyMan_3
    Options
    No, been a customer for 10 years. :)
  • olivetti
    olivetti Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I have 'accidently' paid too much into my Barclaycard (read, transfered balance from 0% card) twice and have had no problem getting it 'refunded' to my current account.
  • nh
    nh Posts: 567 Forumite
    Options
    I have 'accidently' paid too much into my Barclaycard (read, transfered balance from 0% card) twice and have had no problem getting it 'refunded' to my current account.

How much have you BT'd from other cards ie how much did you overpay - I might try it if I get my 3.9% for life credit card from texaco (to buy my new car) but I want to transfer £12,500
    I'm married now! Yippee!
  • td_007
    td_007 Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In my case (Baclaycard Platinum, 0% on purchase+balance till 1 Aug 2005) they would only transfer the amount to another card or directly to the loan company. If I wanted them to transfer to my current account they would charge 2.9%.
  • olivetti
    olivetti Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options

How much have you BT'd from other cards ie how much did you overpay - I might try it if I get my 3.9% for life credit card from texaco (to buy my new car) but I want to transfer £12,500

Two lots of £4000 and a £1500.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport