Sky line rental

Options
neil40
neil40 Posts: 753 Forumite
Has anyone switched over their line rental to sky?.Just noticed they are now offering this.Any views on them(customer service/quality of line etc)?.

Cheers........Neil

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    50p/month less than BT but no access to BT via 1280, you leave yourself vulnerable to Sky imposing whatever call charges it chooses and, more importantly, barring access to cheap call providers like 18185, 1899 and 18866.

And what happens if you ever want to cancel your Sky TV subscription?
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    neil40 wrote: »
    Has anyone switched over their line rental to sky?.Just noticed they are now offering this.Any views on them(customer service/quality of line etc)?.

Cheers........Neil

I moved to Sky Line Rental at the start of March.

Found the whole process very easy. I was kept fully up to date with letters from Sky and BT on what was happening and when the transfer date would be.

I can now call Sky Customer Services free of charge by dialling 150. I've not had any problems since moving over and thats nearly 1 month now.

The Sky Talk customer services team appear to be in Dunfermline, Fife. I called them with a few initial questions and found the customer service to be excellent. The call was answered in less than 1 minute...Very impressed! Unlike BT where you can be on hold for ages.

Like Heinz has said you must keep your Sky TV package in order to have Sky Talk/Line Rental. If you do decide to leave Sky make sure you contact BT prior to your Sky Line Rental being turned off so BT can take over service from Sky otherwise they will charge your for a full reconnection, the process of moving back to BT is called "Reverse Migration"

All in all i've found the service excellent so far!

HTH
  • ACDeag
    ACDeag Posts: 742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    May regret it now with the 1,100% increase in evening 0845 calls.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Heinz wrote: »
    50p/month less than BT but no access to BT via 1280, you leave yourself vulnerable to Sky imposing whatever call charges it chooses and, more importantly, barring access to cheap call providers like 18185, 1899 and 18866.
    Now why can't I predict the lottery numbers like that?

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcements/21641-skytalk-changes-effective-15th-april-2008-1st-july.html#post138465

Tiscali has now followed Sky's lead!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=830819
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • scooby32
    scooby32 Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would NOT advise moving to sky line rental.Stay with BT then you have your pick of ISP and can use the 1280 over ride for the 0845 and 0870 calls. Sky s increases are ridiculous although using them as a package for the free calls Uk and International works for me. Also on there recent price increase mailing it states all calls to sky whichever department are now free, this must be on their 0844 new numbers. I was mad when I saw the price increase but at least with the BT over rise I can get round it. One of the reasons I moved to them was I was convinced no calls would be more expensive than BT for two months they were right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure