We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Bought online once-can I do same again-same company?

Options
Hello,

I bought home insurance last year from legal and general and want to save as much as possible again this year. I have been able to get a quote from them again online but wonder does the fact that buying the insurance last year online and getting a discount ban me from doing so this year?

regards
martin57

Comments

• Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have done this many times. With Tescos, my renewal quote was much higher than their on-line quote for a new customer in my situation, so I just insured as a new customer. And with Direct Line I have done this three times (although their renewal quote was within pennies of their new customer quote) and got cashback each time.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,807 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes you can do this but don't forget to inform them first that you do not wan't to renew the existing policy.
    Go via Quidco and get £60 cash back.

Nigel
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family