We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Can anyone give me some advice please?
lookingforhelp_2
Posts: 195 Forumite
Evening All,
My hubby and i left our home 18th January 08.Hubby thought it would be a good idea to leave heating and water on timer........for approx 1/2 an hour twice a day (so pipes didn't freeze etc...) We both went BR 27th Feb 08.
Anyway he's just been to fetch the mail and E-on have sent a bill to the Occupier for £77 something:eek:
Will we have to pay this?
I can see why he did it:rolleyes:
But wish he had'nt
Thanks in advance
Sarah
My hubby and i left our home 18th January 08.Hubby thought it would be a good idea to leave heating and water on timer........for approx 1/2 an hour twice a day (so pipes didn't freeze etc...) We both went BR 27th Feb 08.
Anyway he's just been to fetch the mail and E-on have sent a bill to the Occupier for £77 something:eek:
Will we have to pay this?
I can see why he did it:rolleyes:
But wish he had'nt
Thanks in advance
Sarah
BSC NUMBER 116 :rolleyes:
0
Comments
-
Hi LFH
Well done on surviving BR !! not sure on answer but worth referring OR if was b4 BR. I`m a novice so will be interested on the answer as I am considering leaving our home pre-BR.
Cheers Angelx0 -
What was the date on the bill ?Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***0 -
Hi,
Thanks for replies.
Bill is dated 5th March
SarahBSC NUMBER 116 :rolleyes:0 -
Thats quite tricky. You are not mentioned on the bill, but you are the last " beneficial user ". Personally I wouldnt do anything about that bill, if it does end up at your new address then send them a copy of your BR certificate.
What im saying is, I would ignore it unless it finds you.
DDDebt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***0 -
If the date of debt is after BR date then i suspect the OR would discount it as you are already BR.
Debt Doctors advice sounds good advice though.
Dave.
BSC MEMBER NO. 125:D
BR - 16th June 2008 AD - 16th June 2009:DIs it nice to be important or MORE important to be nice.:D0 -
It comes down to meter readings, was there a reading before u went BR, if not, let's assume your not liable as thedebt was not establshed. If there was a reading immeadiately before your BR, it's a post ankruptcy debt and is recoverable.
I work for the OR but I'm "friendly" so PM me if yu have any questions!! I'm rarley on line..0 -
Hi Insideinfo....great name by the way!!
My OH is going BR & I`m not sure what to do but OR seem very scary people so good to see that there are some friendly people there.
I think that judging by the threads I have seen & our experience since Feb08 that BR & debt issues are rising rapidly ...I feel lucky to have found this site & be able to confide here but there seemed little support for me b4 this. So great that someone from OR is about...hopefully you will be around a little more to help with issues.
Thanks again , Angel0 -
Hi All,
We read meter the day we left. We told E-on,and they are still our provider at the new property.
Should we switch it off? (don't want anything bad to happen like burst pipes ect....)
Thanks SarahBSC NUMBER 116 :rolleyes:0 -
The house is no longer your responsibility so why worry?
Switch everything off. BSCno.87The only stupid question is an unasked oneLoving life as a Kernow Hippy0 -
Thanks Tigerfeet, will get hubby to do it later.
SarahBSC NUMBER 116 :rolleyes:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards