We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Life Assurance quick question

Options
I just wanted to ask, I'm 36 now and having looked I seem to understand cover will take me up to 70, so I pay £x amount per month for the next 34 years, then what happens? Do I lose the assurance for example, if I die at age 60 then it'll pay out, if I die at 75 it won't as the cover has ceased. Or is it a case that you pay until you're 70 but the cover remains in force until you die it's just that you don't pay any further premiums after age 70

Comments

• Money_Watch
    Options
    You're right first time - if you choose a 34 year term, and you don't die within the term you'll get nothing. You'll only be covered whilst you're paying the premiums.

You might be able to get cover up to the age of about 80 if that's important to you - try out some quotes and give a few brokers a call to see if that's possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure