PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Days Out

1235»

Comments

• Topher
    Topher Posts: 640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    sarahemmm wrote: »
    There are some amazing places to go if you get a copy of 'Boll!ck* to Alton Towers: Uncommonly British Days Out' by Jason Hazeley, Robin Halstead, Joel Morris and Alex Morris. Most of them are free or very cheap, plus you should be able to get the book from the library. Anyone for the pencil museum?

I looked this up on Amazon, but the only places mentioned in the reviews were in the South. Could you tell me if this book (or its companion) cover more Northern venues or not?

Thanks T
  • We live in Dorset so are pretty close to the sea for walks with the kids, we also go for a walk to a local free range chicken farm, the kids look at the chickens, collect eggs, watch the trains go by then we walk home.
    If this summer is better than last, we plan to take a picnic and a football and go on some nice walks.
    I can't browse shops, as I can only SPEND in shops...eeek also they are a pain with the kids in tow, so its a good way to save money.
    x
  • Topher wrote: »
    sarahemmm wrote: »
    There are some amazing places to go if you get a copy of 'Boll!ck* to Alton Towers: Uncommonly British Days Out' by Jason Hazeley, Robin Halstead, Joel Morris and Alex Morris. Most of them are free or very cheap, plus you should be able to get the book from the library. Anyone for the pencil museum?

I looked this up on Amazon, but the only places mentioned in the reviews were in the South. Could you tell me if this book (or its companion) cover more Northern venues or not?

Thanks T

I'm not sure, but I'll take a look tonight and let you know. The authors have produced a second volume too, but I haven't seen that yet.
  • Up here we have plenty of lovely countryside to go for walks and picnics, also look out for " ranger guided trails " they offer things like fungi spotting, bats , trees and wild flowers, easter egg hunts, bird calls, archeology, etc. Often charge a minimal fee but you get to learn a lot. These things tend to be aimed at the tourist so give your local tourist office a call to find out whats on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure