5.5k to transfer,but where too ?? help !

Hi ya
as per the title ive got 5.5k on my virgin card,the 0% is about to come to an end in september, so ive got to look at transfering the money fairly soon,but which card should i go for?? & will they take the full 5.5k?? maybee not, in which case would it be best to apply for say 2 or 3 cards to cover the balance ?? your advice will be v much appreciated... :confused:

Comments

• Clariman
    Clariman Posts: 1,484
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well there is no guarantee that you will get another 5.5K card but if you have no other debts, have handled your existing card(s) well, then you must have a fair chance ! Take a look at the various card deals on offer. You can find Credit Card BT tables on MSE, the stoozing website and a whole load of comparision sites.

Ones I would consider would be HBOS One Card, CapitalOne if you can find a 0% 9 months offer etc

Clariman
    Author of the first Stoozing FAQ on the Internet and Creator of the SOA & Snowball calculators at Lemonfool.co.uk
  • Stonk
    Stonk Posts: 937 Forumite
    You posted in the Stoozing forum, so presumably you have at least £5.5K sitting in a high-interest instant-access account and there won't be any problem covering any shortfall in your new credit limit(s).
  • There is currently a poll on stoozing.com website about who gives the best credit, if your worried about not getting as good a limit go with egg. If its more about time then natwest will give you an instant dicision and you can print and send off the credit agreement online, in theory you should get the card before september. However Natwest limits usually tend to be smaller that other CCs.
    :money: IT Geek & Martin Wannabee :money:
  • arumiat
    arumiat Posts: 64 Forumite
    Could someone possibly explain..

Once you have your SBT card and have done your initial BT to your bank account, many apply for a second card straight away and also stooze this card. What I dont get is,

1) this second card will probably NOT allow SBTs (there are few out there yes?) so youd pay a charge for BTing to your SBT card

2) will the 1st card not charge for a second BT?, - or are all free for the first introductory period.. I could have sworn I read somewhere that they only a fee-free SBT once..

3) when you get towards the end of your intro period 9 months, and you apply for a new card, does this not have to a SBT card? Or would you use the above principle to BT from your new card onto your original SBT card? Again then surely youd incur a charge?

Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport