Episode 10 (mobiles episode) your views

Loved the section with Lara but was memorised when I spotted the new ring, its gorgeous :j

Replies

• reehsetinreehsetin Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    that was very cute, good episode, rushed as always but still fun, bit with Tre was quite good but again needs more time. will have to see if i can catch the sunday show now
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • Bogof_BabeBogof_Babe Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent. Glad to see Martin was not looking ill. If anything I thought the pace was a little slower, and I put it down to his delicate state!

Lara was lovely, but damn damn damn I completely forgot to look out for her ring :rolleyes: . I've seen the odd flash during the weather bulletins, but I really must watch on Sunday now.

Good show everyone, very informative.

Who was the Freecycler?
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Angelina-MAngelina-M Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    I nearly spat out my pizza when they showed the bit with Lara and Martin sharing the drink, how funny was that... typical bloke! :rolleyes: :D

I'm going to try that vyke thing, texting for nothing sounds great!
  • Oh My Gosh, how bling is Lara's ring???? That must have cost a fair bit in tesco clubcard deals;) :D

Going to go and sort this vyke out for my mobile, that was a new one on me.

Good show tonight, I lol at Ruth with a mouth full of crisps unable to do the link.
    I also remember the words of my friends, but I would rather have enemies than friends like you :p

:p would like to make it known that ZubeZubes avvy is a DHN, she's not dancing :o
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also text via your pc using www.call1899.co.uk and http://www.18185.co.uk/index2.php for 1p per text to most other countries as well as local UK mobiles.
  • Bogof_BabeBogof_Babe Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused about the free texting. Most people are on contracts so their texts would be free anyway wouldn't they? I'm not, I am on PAYG and spend about £5 a year! Would the Vyke thing work with PAYG, as at present my texts are 12p each, so my £5 would probably last two years! :D
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• MARTINS_DOLLMARTINS_DOLL Forumite
    11.1K Posts
    I too was rather concerned about Martins health. So glad he seems ok.

The Lara & Martin piece was smashing, whoever thought about doing it deserves a pat on the back!

A very informative Show as usual in my view. Well done to all concerned...:beer:
    ................................... MSE MARTIN LEWIS ... :A ... THANK YOU.......................
  • MothballsWalletMothballsWallet Forumite
    15.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martin did look well - I wonder if he took some medicine before he went on camera to help him feel better?

I take it with contract mobiles, you wait until you're (say) 1-2 months from the end of your contract then call up your network and haggle for the best deal? The problem is that a lot of networks now go with 18 month contracts when they used to do 12 months.

I'm on PAYG and, tbh, I don't think I use the phone enough to justify changing and I wouldn't want to be locked into an 18 month contract, even with the promise of a snazzy new phone, as it's just too long a commitment for my liking, at least on a mobile.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
  • reehsetinreehsetin Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    I'm on PAYG and, tbh, I don't think I use the phone enough to justify changing and I wouldn't want to be locked into an 18 month contract, even with the promise of a snazzy new phone, as it's just too long a commitment for my liking, at least on a mobile.
    have a look at sim only contracts, theyre 1 month minimum contracts so you can cancel whenever you want, but are a lot better value that paug
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • MothballsWalletMothballsWallet Forumite
    15.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reehsetin wrote: »
    have a look at sim only contracts, theyre 1 month minimum contracts so you can cancel whenever you want, but are a lot better value that paug
    I've heard of these - the thing is, I usually don't need to top up by more than £10 a month on my phone, and I'm on Orange, so are my folks, and I can get Magic Numbers (which are my folks' phones), which lets me talk to them for up to an hour for 15p - but I need to top up by at least £20 a month to keep that.

Thanks, I'll have a look at the SIM only ones - thankfully, my phone's unlocked, so shouldn't be a problem getting one.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides