We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Life Cover & Mortgage Protection cant start!!!

Options
We have just bought a house and I am really anxious that I am not yet protected by our life cover and mortgage protection we took out with Friends Provident.
Basically we both have a couple of routine appointments coming up (blood test for high colesterol and breast clinic) at the end of the month. The insurance company say that until they have the result they cannot start our cover.
My worry is what happens if I get run over by a bus tomorrow????
I am really worried. Should I be? Is there anything I can have in the meantime?
I wish I had waited a couple of months before seeing my GP with these routine check ups!!!
Thanks for any comments

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am really worried. Should I be? Is there anything I can have in the meantime?

Anyone else you apply for will have to be told you are having tests and they will wait for the outcome before agreeing to cover you.

I cannot recall from memory if FP have accidental death cover prior to underwriting. You may wish to ask your adviser (I cant check now as I am off out).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • minimike2
    minimike2 Posts: 2,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes Friends Prov offer free accidental cover for the mortgage whilst underwriting is ongoing.
  • katrininengland
    Options
    They advised me that i dont qualify for the temporary cover.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure