www.EUjet.com

Options
I was having a browse through Timeout today in Borders and came across this company, www.EUjet.com trading out of Kent Airport etc. Thought I'd check it out and was surprised to see that it has gone into liquidation. Does anyone know what's happening with Kent Airport etc since this has happened? Just curious. They must have been doing reasonable trade surely. The information on the website states that on 26th July 2005 they called in the Administrators for the airport etc.

http://www.london-manston.com/
“Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde

Comments

• fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not much info but look here for their announcement just prior to EUjet's. http://www.kia-m.com/index.asp
  • Doppleganger
    Options
    1-8-05: Administrators close down Manston airport. All flying operations at London Manston airport were stopped on Monday by the administrators for Planestation, the property and aviation group, which collapsed last week including its EUjet low cost airline subsidiary.

London Manston airport didn't exist until 1999 when it was purchased by the Kent International Airport Ltd, prior to that it was a Ministry of Defence site called RAF Manston. The biggest problem EUJet & KIA faced was that runway was so close to Ramsgate that it could not be developed or capcity increased.

Manston core business was commercial freight so I assume it will go back to that until another cheap airline moves in. Just incase anyone does want to buy it, the airport is avertised London Manston Airport PLC For Sale :D

I think Martin should buy it and run cheap flights for us, as the airport code is MSE ;)
  • Fatboy_NSS
    Options
    EU Jet owned the airport so they're both now in liquidation. There weren't any commercial flights from the airport until EU Jet came along, so now they've tried and failed I doubt there's going to be any commercial flights in the near future.
  • Ria
    Ria Posts: 208 Forumite
    Options
    What a shame. Wish Richard Branson would buy it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure