We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

So Frustrating

2»

Comments

  • Oooh and while im here does anyone have any experience of Peterborough Court?
    Thanks
  • AmIdone4?
    AmIdone4? Posts: 405 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hello again tiredandanxious:),

    Probably a daft question, but have you got an overdraft facility?? Just trying to eliminate all avenues before I get seriously thinking? Also, could you flog anything in your local paper? Just a thought?

    Cheers
  • Hi i dont have an overdraft, i had to change to a bank account without one when i started my DMP
    I really appreciate everyones help on this.
    As for the local paper i live in the sticks, but a very posh sticks, dont fit in here at all lol
    Think im the only one who uses the local charity shop,the people round here give away the most amazing things.
    Half my wardrobe is from the charity shop, plus ds's bday presents as i said before,wish i could get him something decent, keeps going on about these bionicles from lego,they're £7 a pop!!!!
    I know his dad will give him more than enough
    And ds is such an angel, i know you dont have very much money mummy, not that i go on about it, he just understands,im so lucky to have him.
    TBH hes the reason im still here
  • AmIdone4?
    AmIdone4? Posts: 405 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Sounds like you're lucky to have each other ;).

    I'll stop being a nosy git in a min, do you get on with your ex chap, could he sort you out a few quid? Am I being uber-nosey?? I'm a total moocher you know, when I was a kid my aunties used to dread me coming round their houses... I'd tip the place up till I found something to mess with!:D (You just reminded me talking about your son!) Anyway, went off on a tangent there!!!
  • OmG did i laugh, ex bloke is a total psycho, would rather see me die in a gutter than lend me a few quid.
    He wont give me £20 a week at the moment,been through the CSA bt the aggro and violence i get from him isnt worth it
  • AmIdone4?
    AmIdone4? Posts: 405 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    S**t, sorry to hear about that. Erm, I'll think of something... Well I'll try...:D
  • Hope you do,cos im all out
    Dont worry bout being sorry,his dad is an @rse and im used to it
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Are there any local charities that might help you out? The CAB might know of any. Also some local churches have a discretionary fund to help parishoners in distress.

    If it is a posh area, with posh-ish labels in the charity shops ie: next etc. buy as much as can cheaply and see if you can ebay it or car boot it or sell via Gumtree, local paper :confused: .
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.