We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

So Frustrating

Ok this is a bit of a rant as i dont have anyone i can talk to, so i apologise now
Im so frustrated,ive filled the forms in and accepted in my mind that im going to go BR. Printed them off,ran out of ink in the printer now, ds not happy bout that,cant print his pictures now,mummy will get some more soon i promise lol.
Been trying so hard to raise the money for BR but cant seem to do it, my income is so low that i cant seem to be able to spare any cash to put aside for BR,ive been selling my @rse,metaphorically on ebay, and something else always seems to crop up that needs paying for.
Council didnt take the tax out last month,for whatever reason, so ive paid doulbe this month and am short again.
I really need to find the money for my BR as i need to do it and help my state of mind. Stopped creditors and dread the door going everyday,in case its debt collectors.
So annoyed that i cant get it together, thought about getting another CC and taking the money out of that for BR fees etc,but i know i cant.

AArrrrgh so frustrated:mad:

Ok rant over,feel a little better now, sorry
«1

Comments

  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    T&A would you qualify for remission of the court fees?

    If you click on this it should get you to the ex160 form

    http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c...orms/ex160.pdf
    http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c...rms/ex160a.pdf

    One is the form, the other is the guidance.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Hi, thanks for replying, i do get the remission on fees, but even raising the £300+ is a problem.So p*ssed off at the moment,just want to get things sorted. Its ds's bday siin,have got him 2 pressies from the charity shop so far and thats it. Really dont want to be letting him down again,like Xmas.
    I know he wont mind what he gets, but i would love to be able to afford something for him that he really wants:mad:
  • Got2change
    Got2change Posts: 613 Forumite
    Just want to send you a ((hug)).
    It is so frustrating - and difficult - for you.
    Tempting (but not possible surely?) as it must seem, I think taking a new CC to fund the BR will not be well received... But maybe I'm wrong. I assume that all other CCs are maxed out.
    If it makes you feel any better, I had a little frustration myself last week when the Court actually rang me to postpone the BR hearing; now it's tomorrow and I feel woefully ill-prepaared, which is bonkers as it should have been over with by now. As I write this, I am haunted by the file of paperwork that should be better organised, the claim form for fee remission which I won't get because the letters of proof that I requested re JSA and HB over TWO WEEKS ago still haven't come - and worst (yet best) of all, an envelope of money that has cost me my already fragile relationship with my Mother. Ho hum.
    Must get off here and sort it out.
    But wishing you all the best and here's another ((hug)).
    icon7.gif
    Blonde: Unemployed: Bankrupt.
    What do I know?
    :confused:
  • Cant do any extra work as it will affect my HB and CTB.Ive been looking for a 2nd job for ages but i know i cant physically do it,i work until 2 each day and then i have to look after my ds,even with help with child care, it wouldnt be worth my while.
    I wont be doing the CC thing cos i know its wrong,all the others are maxed out.
    Another problem cropped up today, i need 3,yes 3, new tyres for my car, i know the Or will prob take this as an asset, even thought its not worth much.
    I'll be crushed if it goes as it was my mothers and has sentimental value, so then i think maybe i can raise the money to buy the OR's interest in it,but that'll take even longer.
  • Got2change i wish you all the best xxxx
  • :mad: :eek: Was thinking, if i do get a CC to pay for the fees etc can i say to the OR not to include in the BR and i'll pay it off afterwards.
    No that wouldnt work would it,it would be favourable to one creditor?
  • moneysaver12
    moneysaver12 Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi some energy companys give grants out for br, edf does them if you are a customer.
    Married 09/09/09
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Sorry no it wouldn't work I am afraid, all debts, bar a few exceptions will go into the BR.

    Do you have any room on any exsisting credit cards? OR's tend to turn a blind eye if you draw the money to go BR from them. Even if you spread it across a couple of cards and get a couple of hundred, it means you will have less to find.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Nope theyre all maxed out and then some.
    Im with Eon and ive looked into grants extensively and nothing.
    Think im just feeling sorry for myself again, i hate my self pitying ways, but i feel so poop,i try so hard and get nowhere.
    Having a hard time at work at the moment too, boss keeps making sarky remarks about single mothers etc.
    :mad: So fed up,everything seems so hard all the time,wonder why i bother
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    (((((hugs))))) it is awful when you try so hard to move forward and just feel like you are standing still. I know how you feel, I've been trying to get them together since June/July of last year :eek: . I've just opened a credit union account and will be putting £10 a week in there untill I have enough.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.