Hotel Transfers in the Algarve

Options
Just wondered if anyone had used this company for transfers to hotels in Portugal. They operate from Faro Airport and seem reasonable, cost of 54 euros (about £40) for a return transfer to Portimao, Mar-a-Vista Aparthotel complex. Would I be just as cheap and quick to use a local taxi/express bus. It takes about 1 1/2 hours by express bus from the airport. Does anyone know if there are a lot of charges for luggage etc in the Algarve, I hear that they go by time not distance with regard to the cost of the trip. Anyone with any info/tips greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help. I don't drive so can't do car hire.

http://www.low-cost-transfer.com/regular.php
“Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde

Comments

• christymm
    christymm Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    We used resorthoppa and had no problems
  • christymm
    christymm Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    sorry 30 euros each return
  • Felix
    Felix Posts: 284 Forumite
    Options
    Try http://www.ownersinportugal.org Good value and driving by an English man.
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, I actually just emailed the ownersinportugal chap so will see what he comes back with. Sounds pretty good and I want someone reliable. I haven't seen any reviews about the one I mentioned in my initial post so will probably book with the owners in portugal chap. Thanks for your help everyone. :-)
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Felix
    Felix Posts: 284 Forumite
    Options
    All the reports I hear about Alan (ownersinportugal) are good.
  • Smiley_Mum
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I just got his reply and he states 50 euros each way for the transfer for myself and my boys. He states that the price would go up on 1st January due to the cost of diesel etc rocketing so probably 65 euros each way if I don't book now. So will probably book up. The low cost transfer job he couldn't beat but he did say that you would get a tour around Algarve as they went around collecting everyone from near and far. So.... Thanks for all the tips/help everyone. :-)
  • pandas66
    pandas66 Posts: 18,811 Forumite
    Options
    I'd try to get a rough estimate of time transfer too, just incase he really is picking up all and sundry. It can be a jolty old drive, most of the roads are ok but after the flight etc you can all feel a bit weary.
    Panda xx

:Tg :jo:Dn ;)e:Dn;)o:jw :T :eek:

missing kipper No 2.....:cool:
  • Smiley_Mum
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The low cost transfer company stated in my initial post said 54 euros all in for the return transfer from Faro Airport to Portimao accommodation but they bus round and collect and drop people off on the way so you take longer than the standard hour to get to your accommodation.

The owners in Portugal chap said 50 euros each way but he would be collecting us in an air conditioned Landrover Discovery and he would be taking us direct to the accommodation in Portimao, not collecting anyone else, so a bit like a chauffeur really. We'll have the luxury at the beginning and the end. We're busing it around the place to anywhere we will be going. Easier having this transfer too with the kids as they will be tired/hungry etc after the flights.
  • cslogg
    cslogg Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have got to agree with Felix about Alan.
    I used him in April and the service was excellent.
    Also used him for a day out around the area and could not praise him enough.
    He used his 4 x4 to go we would not normally be able to get to.
    With his knowledge of the area it was one of the best days out we have had on a holiday.

cslogg
  • MrSmartprice
    MrSmartprice Posts: 17,625 Forumite
    Options
    Have you thought about hiring a car from the airport. It seems that it would be as cheap to have a car for your whole holiday than pay for transfers. Carjet rates are very reasonable in Portugal. Bear in mind that there are lots of decent places to see in the Algarve and a car is very handy, much cheaper than coach trips,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure