Where to invest a lump sum for 3-6 mths

I will be receiving proceeds from the sale of my house (approx £120,000) and will not be using it to buy again for probably 3 - 6 months, perhaps more. However if the right house comes up tomorrow I may need the money in a around 2 months. Any tips welcomed.

Replies

• Robert_Sterling_3Robert_Sterling_3 Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Forumite
    In a no notice account paying 5% or more with a well known bank or building society which you have heard of..
    Check the best buy tables for the best rate available.
    ...............................I have put my clock back....... Kcolc ym
  • MilarkyMilarky Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    I would suggest Egg Internet savings is worth a look since it will pay Base Rate + 0.75% for the first six months* after opening. Very handy account - can be used to pay bills (etc) via BACS payments out and is funded from any bank account you hold with a debit card. [* for a limited period since 21 October - may be withdrawn at any time - so best best is to open with £1 initially]

Nearly as good is ING - paying 5% at the moment. This can be operated by phone OR internet. Links to up to three bank a/c provided they have cheque books. Pay in by 'direct debit' [with two days notice] and back again by 'bank credit' to your bank a/c. Not as flexible as Egg but an easy to operate account.

.....under construction.... COVID is a scam
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals