Bay Window Dressing

Options
Hi,

I'm after suggestions on how to dress our bay windows, not the box type.

Are nets a bit dated now? We would like some privacy as our house is in a dip in the road and people walking by can see straight in. We put venetian blinds (15mm width) on the back doors but thought it darkened the room a bit.

Any thoughts?

thanks
Caz

Comments

• savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How about vertical blinds?We are having them fitting at the end of the month for privacy
  • sallyrsm
    sallyrsm Posts: 339 Forumite
    Options
    Nets are dated but how about muslin type nets? Friend of mine has some with circles on she bought the fabric cheap from Dunelm Mills and they let all the light through but don't look "granny", they look contemporary....
  • madmadammim
    Options
    if you want a slightly diffrent look to nets and don't want the expense of blinds use white voile make pockets at top and bottom and put curtain wire or net rods through both make sure they are slightly taut so they arent baggy or saggy and use three times the width so they are fully gathered .Stops people seeing in but keeps the room light and bright .
  • burnsguitarman
    Options
    We have 3 vertical blinds in our bay, I think they are great, we use them as curtains, (open in the day, closed at night) I don't think they make the room dark at all. They were fitted within 2 days of being measured and didn't cost as much as I'd expected. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure