Moneysavingexpert.com/ Your Credit Rating discussion area

Options

Comments

• jachowden
    Options
    Hi i have a few questions i need help with, i am trying to build my credit rating and i was about to get a credit card with low limits to show i always pay on time ect but i have seen a lot of peaple saying thay have greatcredit but still get turned down, does anyone know the easiest things to get accepted for or the most lenient lenders, be it either small loans or credit cards, repaying is not a problem but i need to show i pay up, help please,
  • Hazzinho
    Hazzinho Posts: 742 Forumite
    Options
    For you first card i'd always recommend going to you bank first. Also get on the electoral roll if you're not on it.
  • bjbarney
    Options
    I recently looked at my credit rating and was surprised to see that is was really poor. Looking into it a little deeper I found my identity was stolen back in 2007 and the fraudster defaulted on payments to the Carphone Warehouse to the tune of around £700.

I have tried to go through the correct channels and inform Carphone Warehouse that I am not responsible for this, and I never lived at the address they have on file. I have provided a Police Incident Report number and sworn declarations that the debt is not mine.

Carphone Warehouse immediately put debt collectors on to me, and I am getting harassed. It does not appear to matter how many times I phone the Carphone Warehouse or MacKenzie Hall (the debt collectors) I can not get them to stop... let alone trying to wipe my credit score clean.

I am at my wits end.... what can I do?!?!?
  • Hazzinho
    Options
    Dispute it with the CRA you got the report from and ask for their fraud department. They will help sort it out, ID fraud is a common issue.
  • charleyroo
    Options
    Hi all

A few months ago I had a massive bill from being abroad with Orange and was lucky enough to have my bill reduced right down. To prevent them taking the full amount I was instructed to cancel my direct debit and make a debit card payment for the new amount (which I duly did)

The next month I accessed my account and it said it was in arrears (Orange told me they would write off to their collections department to tell them it was not in arrears) So I rang Orange who said it was time for me to make my next monthly payment (I had to do it by debit card again because the direct debit had not been re-set up in time)

I've been getting my credit report again to keep an eye on this and am a bit confused today to find that my account (which has a zero balance on my credit report) has an 'unclassified' status for this month.

It also says: Special Instruction Indicator:Account Query

Does anyone know what this means and should I be concerned?

Thanks
    Spreadsheet-obsessed.
  • Simon22
    Simon22 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, just got my report back from Experian and all looks ok, I'm 470 odd, which is excellent although I see excellent can go as high as 900 which is scary, how am I so low with 5 years of perfect payments to everything they have on record, interesting..

Anyway , simple question, I have one thing bringing me down which is my electoral role, it thinks I have only been at my address for 2 years, which gives me a "Fair" rating.

I've actually been there 4 years, I rang the electoral role but they said they can't help as they only keep records for the last year so can't check if they got my moving in date wrong or not?

Wonder why on earth these companies use the electoral role, seems like council tax woul dbe much more viable.

Anybody know how I may be able to get it corrected so it's set to the right date?
  • Hazzinho
    Options
    Doubt it will make too much difference, if youre listed there 2 years that's good. FYI credit scores don't mean anything anyway. The numbers are made up and make zero difference to lenders. You are the only one who will see it .
  • vicky016
    Options
    One CCJ has wrecked my Credit file... Could this be removed?

I was given a default CCJ on 1-March-2011 for £418 which included £102 for costs and £316.79 for Debt. Claim was for an unpaid bill with South East Water. Following the CCJ, I contacted South East Water as I was no longer a resident of the address for which the bill was due. South East Water issued me a revised bill for £309.49. I paid this bill in full on 27-March-2011. The account with south east water was satisfied and then closed.
    As the account was settled within one month. Could this CCJ be removed?
    :(
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your not going to last one if you intention is to bump up your post count and spam your site
    hmmm i agree to some certain extent
  • trickycomper
    Options
    I recently did a credit check, and found i had not such a great score but then i did all the things it advised me to do. And my score went up within a week. Like land registry, and cancelling old card. I was just wondering though, does repeatedly checking my credit score reflect badly on my self.
    Can the credit companies see my checking and get worried.

Owe to Capital One CC - [STRIKE]£750[/STRIKE] 20/08/11
    Owe to Natwest CC - [STRIKE]£1,050[/STRIKE] 01/12/11
    Owe to Tesco CC - [STRIKE]£1,000[/STRIKE] 01/01/12 £750
    Santander iPad loan - [STRIKE]£450[/STRIKE] £300 23/01/12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business