Saniflo

Options
Am considering putting in a Saniflo loo downstairs.
I would like it to pump straight up to the loft, and then into the main soil pipe there. According to the brochures it is capable of doing that OK.

Has anyone done anything similar ? I would appreciate any tips/warnings;

VMT

Comments

• knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 7,003 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They work fine but can be noisy, probably last 5 to 10 years without problems. Make sure you get one that can pump to more than the required height.
  • BobProperty
    BobProperty Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ah, the F104 Starfighter of the plumbing world....

As has been said, make sure you get the right version for the distance you are running the waste pipe. Make sure you use the right pipe size (not all work on 22mm). Follow the instruction on going up before going across with the pipework, and, finally, only put things in the toilet that have gone through you. :eek:
    A house isn't a home without a cat.
    Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.
    I have writer's block - I can't begin to tell you about it.
    You told me again you preferred handsome men but for me you would make an exception.
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours.
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ah, the F104 Starfighter of the plumbing world....

A little unkind ...................... me thinks. The Starfighter was actually a very high performance machine; regrettably many of the people who tried to fly it weren't quite as high performing !
    and, finally, only put things in the toilet that have gone through you. :eek:

Have you tried eating Andrex ??? :D
  • BobProperty
    BobProperty Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    moonrakerz wrote: »
    A little unkind ...................... me thinks. The Starfighter was actually a very high performance machine; regrettably many of the people who tried to fly it weren't quite as high performing !
    I had to look it up (the quote comes from someone else years back but I think it's rather apt), F104s don't have the worst safety record but it wasn't that great. The comparison is reasonable as both look great and do what you expect them to do until they stop doing it suddenly and in a big way. :D
    F104s, if anyone is interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-104_Starfighter
    moonrakerz wrote: »
    Have you tried eating Andrex ??? :D
    No, but I've had to unclog a Saniflow which was jammed with toilet paper :eek:
    Now, how you get round that dilemma :confused:
    A house isn't a home without a cat.
    Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.
    I have writer's block - I can't begin to tell you about it.
    You told me again you preferred handsome men but for me you would make an exception.
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours.
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 7,003 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We had a saniflow it was fine till someone put STs down! We used toilet paper suitable for septic tanks as we were not on mains drainage and had no problems with it.
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    F104s don't have the worst safety record but it wasn't that great. :confused:

I used to work for a German Company and used to go there a fair bit. A German colleague said that if you wanted an F104 all you had to do was buy a small field and it wouldn't be that long before an F104 fell into it !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure